Opportunities for Managing Couples and/or Partners

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edencompton

Reaction score
Hello! I am new to this forum and I am not an innkeeper but have a question for those of you who are. If I am in the wrong section, please let me know and I will repost.
I am wondering if there is any opportunity in the B&B industry for couples to manage properties of existing inns for off site owners? Or is there opportunity for people to find partners in managing an inn?
My husband and I are both in our mid forties and have been running sailing charter yachts in the Caribbean and New England for many years. He is a very experienced sea captain and sailing instructor from New Zealand and I am a professionally trained chef (French Culinary Institute in NYC) and ex-advertising executive. In trying to figure out what we want to do next, on land, the thought of running a B&B has been a recurrent one. A lot of the responsibilities are the same, though we are in much closer contact with our guests since we live with them for a week in a sixty one foot space! We have looked at a few potential B&B properties but the prices are just astronomical.
Is there a way to reach B & B owners who may be looking for people like us? Any direction that anyone can provide would be most helpful.
Thank you.
Eden Compton

Sorry I can't help with job ops, but I wanted to say I love your paintings.
Also, in the Caribbean series, there is one painting with a 'buy now' link. The link does not work.
Is the 'Vanilla Beans' painting available?

I think you would have more luck looking to manage a country inn. At least here in Charlottesville, a B&B can have no more than 5 rooms, which is only enough to support the owners, with maybe just cleaning help hired.
Riki

Sorry I can't help with job ops, but I wanted to say I love your paintings.
Also, in the Caribbean series, there is one painting with a 'buy now' link. The link does not work.
Is the 'Vanilla Beans' painting available?.
Thanks so much for your interest Bree! Unfortunately, "Vanilla Beans" was in a show in New Orleans last year and was destroyed by the shipper. It was one of my favorite paintings. I am updating my website this weekend to include a section where I sell my small paintings directly. There will be a link on my blog - edencompton.blogspot.com . Thanks again for taking the time to comment!

I think you would have more luck looking to manage a country inn. At least here in Charlottesville, a B&B can have no more than 5 rooms, which is only enough to support the owners, with maybe just cleaning help hired.
Riki.
Thansk Riki -- it was worth a shot!

You could post a "looking for a position" on BBONLINE or at PAII site. There is a fellow here who will be looking for a couple to run a 4-5 bedroom place he is currently restoring..but it is still a long way off from being ready. If I hear from him I will post it here.

You could post a "looking for a position" on BBONLINE or at PAII site. There is a fellow here who will be looking for a couple to run a 4-5 bedroom place he is currently restoring..but it is still a long way off from being ready. If I hear from him I will post it here..
Thanks! I haven't been over to that site - I will check it out.

Actually you could consider Inn Sitting. Check it on PAII
Riki

Back