Opps

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbid

Reaction score
I was in a store about a week ago and had forgotten to take my appointment printout sheet. A lady called and said she could see a room was available on my web site but wanted to book over the phone. I had nothing to write on so I wrote her info on a $20 bill and maid a mental note not to use that bill. Of course not until this morning did I remember that I add it to the computer. I have 2 twenty dollar bills in my wallet but none with any info on it. Can you say “future double booking”? No idea of the name or date. Oh well. I think that the double bacon grilled cheese burger I had at Carl’s Jr. the other day is the reason I spent the bill so it might have been worth it.

OOOPs is right. Hopefully she will contact you again. This might have been a time to say, "sorry, I have no way of writing down your info. Can I call you back in a few minutes ..or something like that. Now you will be wondering when the shoe might drop :-(

Phone number on your caller id? Try them all until you get her!
I won't take a rez if I can't do it in a way that I'm comfortable with. So I will ask guests to call back or if I can call them at the number on my phone.
Last time it happened I had to call international on my cellphone. Oy veigh, that cost a fortune. Then the guy didn't know what room he wanted. And he didn't have his credit card handly. I think the phone call was the same price as the room! He refused to book online.

Do you not send your guests an email confirmation? If I take a phone reservation (which is a about 20% of the time) I always tell them to expect a written confirmation AND if they do not receive it within 24 hours to contact me ASAP. Otherwise they may assume that their reservation has NOT been made. No problems with this yet.
I have also started sending a cancellation confirmation because I forgot to write down a phone call and never marked that person off the calendar. I lost a lot of business that weekend.
sad_smile.gif

Back