Orange Julius

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Have you ever made this for guests? I am thinking about it. My DD'sx2 just got home last day of school today and we made Orange Julius in the blender, it is 95 degrees outside, and this is quite refreshing, esp with real vanilla!

[tr]

ORANGE JULIUS

• 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 8-9 ice cubes
  1. Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in blender.
  2. Blend for about 1-2 minutes, adding ice cubes one at a time.
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

I did not known Orange Julius had milk in it. So glad I never ordered one. (Not big into that 'creamsicle' flavor.) However, this does sound refreshing.

I didn't think I was until just now when I slurped it down. :) I thought of y'all as it is made form STUFF we have - 100% of the time at our inns, so no special purchases required.

Oddly enough, we have a place localled called Gibeau's Orange Julep and the recipe sound familiar.... http://www.foodista.com/recipe/GQ82BZVL/copycat-orange-julep

[/td]

ounces can of frozen orange juice can
[/td]
[/tr]

[/td]

cup milk
[/td]
[/tr]

[/td]

cup water
[/td]
[/tr]

¼
[/td]

cup sugar
[/td]
[/tr]

[/td]

teaspoon vanilla
[/td]
[/tr]

[/td]

ice cubes
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

2a6232e4148184c307b83a63afbc0f1048168bc0_240x180c.jpg

Now add a jigger of Peach Schnapps and you will win me over! A frozen Fuzzy Navel Julius! Be right back ------

I think guests might like this in a smaller version at breakfast. Like Alibi, I personally don't like the combo of orange & milk, but I'd sample that at a B&B on a hot day.
tounge_smile.gif

I grew up drinking those...although we didn't know better and the recipe always called for a raw egg to mix in. I don't think I would do that today. For my guests I'm making a lot of fruit smoothies. They have been a huge hit. The most popular is a peach smoothie using frozen peach slices. I add a cup of orange juice, plain yogurt, two banana, a bit of honey and blend.

I grew up drinking those...although we didn't know better and the recipe always called for a raw egg to mix in. I don't think I would do that today. For my guests I'm making a lot of fruit smoothies. They have been a huge hit. The most popular is a peach smoothie using frozen peach slices. I add a cup of orange juice, plain yogurt, two banana, a bit of honey and blend..
Barry_Manilow said:
I grew up drinking those...although we didn't know better and the recipe always called for a raw egg to mix in. I don't think I would do that today. For my guests I'm making a lot of fruit smoothies. They have been a huge hit. The most popular is a peach smoothie using frozen peach slices. I add a cup of orange juice, plain yogurt, two banana, a bit of honey and blend.
I remember the raw egg to give it the froth or something, that was why I never liked them, now I do!

Had to dig this back up, one guest in a group of 6 just informed me that he is on an all liquid diet tomorrow for a procedure on Friday. His idea was a selection of juices and coffee or broth soup. I thought of the smoothie but he was thinking that would be too much fruit chunks (well no but!) so I just thought of the Orange Julius. This will be perfect!

Back