Other than expected, it was not worth getting up

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K I thought of you. I went to the credit union and lo and behold on my recpt there was a slogan near their logo, and it read:
Modern Convenience, Old-Fashioned Service
I am really loving branding and slogans, catch phrases. I had one I use trying to entice motorcycle riders who stay with us "Flip-Flop Approved" Dh thought it silly, and well yes it is, supposed to be, I wanted them to know we are casual, kick off the riding boots and sit on the porch with a beer.
I have so many catch phrases it is hard to nail them down.
But when I saw that I thought of this thread, and about you. You could change it to "Modern Comforts, Old-Fashioned Service" I know you have your own slogans, etc but this just jumped out at me.
cheers.gif
JB - I love "Flip Flop Approved", with too many miles under my backside to count, I loved being able to get off the bike, shower and chill out.
We always picked places that were within walking distance of some other establishment (bar, restaurant, movie theater etc). After 300 miles or more on the bike, I wanted to walk for a while.
Push the secure parking, bike rags, and a wash bucket or bug spray (better known as windex). It was always nice when the host understood why we were out there before breakfast digging our own towels out of the tourpack to get yesterday's bugs off.

K I thought of you. I went to the credit union and lo and behold on my recpt there was a slogan near their logo, and it read:
I am really loving branding and slogans, catch phrases. I had one I use trying to entice motorcycle riders who stay with us "Flip-Flop Approved" Dh thought it silly, and well yes it is, supposed to be, I wanted them to know we are casual, kick off the riding boots and sit on the porch with a beer.
But when I saw that I thought of this thread, and about you. You could change it to "Modern Comforts, Old-Fashioned Service" I know you have your own slogans, etc but this just jumped out at me.
cheers.gif
Thanks, I really do appreciate that. The first T A review I ever got was titled
“I kicked off my shoes at Gillum House...”
As a former biker, it took me a minute to focus on flip-flop as shoes. My first thought was flipping the bike and that is not what one wants. Probably just me. I do not wear flip-flops so I never think of them.
I do try to provide more service than they would ever get from a hotel or motel. I have given suggested routings to see things on the way here, routings for when here, and routings for the next leg of the trip to see and do things of interest. That is the advantage of being as small as I am. I can do it.
I do wish I had the flair for writing that you have.

cheers.gif
JB - I love "Flip Flop Approved", with too many miles under my backside to count, I loved being able to get off the bike, shower and chill out.
We always picked places that were within walking distance of some other establishment (bar, restaurant, movie theater etc). After 300 miles or more on the bike, I wanted to walk for a while.
Push the secure parking, bike rags, and a wash bucket or bug spray (better known as windex). It was always nice when the host understood why we were out there before breakfast digging our own towels out of the tourpack to get yesterday's bugs off.
Weaver said:
JB - I love "Flip Flop Approved", with too many miles under my backside to count, I loved being able to get off the bike, shower and chill out
So what is the chance?!
I get a call and this dude shows up in riding leathers on his own, he is a freelancer, he wrote an article on Strafing in a "neighbouring" country in a motorcycle magazine.
Anywho, I said "How amazing I was just mentioning how I wanted to tell those riding these mountains that we are 'flip-flop' approved" He laughed and I explained further about sitting back on the porch with a cold beer, boots off, etc. He loved it. (Who knows if he will use it or not) he just went to move his biked to our off street parking area.

cheers.gif
Weaver said:
JB - I love "Flip Flop Approved", with too many miles under my backside to count, I loved being able to get off the bike, shower and chill out
So what is the chance?!
I get a call and this dude shows up in riding leathers on his own, he is a freelancer, he wrote an article on Strafing in a "neighbouring" country in a motorcycle magazine.
Anywho, I said "How amazing I was just mentioning how I wanted to tell those riding these mountains that we are 'flip-flop' approved" He laughed and I explained further about sitting back on the porch with a cold beer, boots off, etc. He loved it. (Who knows if he will use it or not) he just went to move his biked to our off street parking area.
Fingers crossed.

cheers.gif
Weaver said:
So what is the chance?!
Awesome!!!!
Hope he uses the tag line.

Back