Our Elopement Package is a Success

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
We started our Elopement Package last fall. It has been very well received and is very profitable.
We received this 5 Star review today:
This was the best decision on a weekend get-away/elopement we could have made! The hospitality and food preparations were simply perfect. Our ceremony was graceful and spiritual. A no fuss place to declare your love, reconnect with your loved one or just relax from the everyday grind. My spirit has been renewed and I can't wait to come again!! My Husband and I are completely satisfied and we have established great memories here.
These kind of guests make it all worthwhile. We have another ceremony coming up this evening!

Congrats!!! You were an inspiration for us to adjust our Elopement package and for DH to finally get listed as an officiant to preform weddings. THANKS! We have received several cards and letters of gratitude but nothing such as this online. Good for you!

I am glad it is working for someone! First I had to fight DH to get the canopy up. Then I had to battle the wind and rain to keep it up - lost the battle. I have had 2 inquiries. One just wanted the preacher - we did that one at the Trailhead and the preacher got some much needed money. The second one asked about the numbers as he has kids and she has kids. I said the kids were OK to come, but nothing yet.
I AM working on a new twist though. I expect to know this weekend. I have asked the Historical Assoc if I can do the Elopement Package in the log house. I have been told it looks promising for the permission. The price of the Package will go up by $100 (which will go to the Assoc) and they can get married in the circa 1778 log house. I hope I am not jinxing it. Cross fingers.

I am glad it is working for someone! First I had to fight DH to get the canopy up. Then I had to battle the wind and rain to keep it up - lost the battle. I have had 2 inquiries. One just wanted the preacher - we did that one at the Trailhead and the preacher got some much needed money. The second one asked about the numbers as he has kids and she has kids. I said the kids were OK to come, but nothing yet.
I AM working on a new twist though. I expect to know this weekend. I have asked the Historical Assoc if I can do the Elopement Package in the log house. I have been told it looks promising for the permission. The price of the Package will go up by $100 (which will go to the Assoc) and they can get married in the circa 1778 log house. I hope I am not jinxing it. Cross fingers..
its good for the log house historical people as a elopement isn't going to damage the property and will help bring in a bit of extra cast to look after it

Proud Texan said:
We started our Elopement Package last fall. It has been very well received and is very profitable.
This was the best decision on a weekend get-away/elopement we could have made! The hospitality and food preparations were simply perfect. Our ceremony was graceful and spiritual. A no fuss place to declare your love, reconnect with your loved one or just relax from the everyday grind. My spirit has been renewed and I can't wait to come again!! My Husband and I are completely satisfied and we have established great memories here.
These kind of guests make it all worthwhile. We have another ceremony coming up this evening!
What does the package include? Are you an officiant? Or do you have one you always hire? Are you the 'witness?'
Congratulations on the awesome review!!!!!!

Proud Texan said:
What does the package include? Are you an officiant? Or do you have one you always hire? Are you the 'witness?'
Congratulations on the awesome review!!!!!!.
From our website:
Our Basic Elopement Package for a Couple Only Includes:
  • Two-Nights Stay in one of our guest cottages.
  • Ceremony held in a beautiful natural setting.
  • Ceremony performed by the Innkeeper.
  • A Maximum of 6 guests may attend your ceremony.
  • One bottle of a Sparkling Beverage and flutes for your wedding toast.
  • Ceremony photographed by Innkeeper.
  • Flameless Candles in your room.
  • Rose Petals Scattered on your bed.
  • Choose a later breakfast the day after your wedding night from 8:30 to 10 a.m.
  • Late Check-out (no later than 1 p.m.) on second day.
  • Ceremony and toast scheduled for one hour (extended if both cottages are rented by the wedding party.)
Optional Add-ons: (prices not shown for forum)
  • Bride's Hand-Tied Fresh Bouquet.
  • Groom's Boutonniere — color coordinated with bride's bouquet.
  • 6" Petite Wedding Cake.
  • Additional Wedding Guests — Maximum of 6
  • Bring Your Own Officate — does not count as a guest.
  • Bring Your Own Photographer — does not count as a guest.
  • Customized Commemorative Certificate.
  • One Dozen Red Roses for your Room.
  • Professional Photographer.
Legal Requirements:
Check with your state, county and local governments to see if they accept "Online Ordinations". Texas does. Texas does not require witnesses, which can create a problem for those states with that requirement.
Insurance:
Check with your agent. I was reqired to purchase a ministerial rider policy". For some weird reason, it limits the total number of people in the bridal party to 8. If we want more than that we have to buy an " Event" policy that will allow up to 500 people.
The smaller number works fine to keep an elopement from turning into a small wedding.
We also do a "Ceremony Only" package.

Back