Our first New Year's Eve

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Innkeeper

Reaction score
This will be the first time in 4+ years that we'll be accepting guests over New Year's Eve. Should I go to the trouble of putting together a package for the weekend??? Or, do you think guests would just want to go do their own thing??
If we were to put together something, what should I include?? I would love to have something all-inclusive, but I can't serve dinner or offer champagne as part of any paid package. I'm looking for ideas! Maybe we offer them transportation (utilizing a service, of course) to/from dinner or evening festivities??

I have done this. First of all, what are the festivities? Package up.
If no festivities, you can do what we did and have a late sleep-in package and extensive brunch. Since this was part of the package I also decorated their room with noise makers, silly hats etc *you can buy packs of 6 to 8 at walmart with everything in them.
Lastly, IT IS A SATURDAY NIGHT - This should be a great time to make it a two night package! Make the last $ for the year. :)
Don't let people sneak in without the package and screw up everything!!! Breakfast is brunch at 10, no you cannot eat at 830am!
Have fun!
cheers.gif

Our first year here we did a package with a local restaurant. 85% of the guests booked the pkg. The other 15% did not. But they ended up doing the exact same things as the other guests, they just paid more to do them. I don't know what they were thinking.
Look around. What can you do to get them to come in Friday? Anything going on Saturday during the day like a First Night? How about Sunday as a lot of people will have Monday off? Any kind of fun 'First Day' events in your town? There's a 'Longest Mile' run in Burlington, VT. Runners of all kinds do the one mile straight uphill from the boat dock to the college.

Include sparkling cider and pretty goblets in the package - the goblets are theirs as a remembrance.

Coach Outlet Online offer many different kinds of Coach Products. There are so many young ladies hungering for a coach purses outlet in the world. coach factory outlet is the best choice for you in touch of elegant Coach Bags from Coach Outlet Store Online. The design of Bag for the latest fashion Coach Factory Outlet Online which will let you crazy with this bag on Coach Outlet Online, you will be younger and give people a sense of optimism. You can have a look at the Coach Factory Outlet. This kind of style also easily matches the Northface Jacket. You will never worry about the qualit of our Coach Factory Outlet Online as our brand enjoys a widely public praise. If you are looking for the cheap bags on Coach Handbags Outlet, you can come to our louis vuitton purses outlet. There are great new Coach Outlet Online and all are discount. To be honest, it's worthwhile for you to buy these. Don't hesitate, take action, you will find what you want from our Coach Outlet Online.coach outlet store online obviously show and exotic texture that all the more makes it look luxurious. And perhaps nike dunk shoes could be worthy additions to your list of must-haves as well. There are many other excellent items in our website. Here we recommend gucci backpack. Hope you will like them.

I will take the other side of the coin here. Do you want a house full of drunken party people? Or will you be up partying with them ? I know some innkeepers offer a "spend a quiet new year's eve with us" package. And they make it clear, loud partying is not tolerated.

I will take the other side of the coin here. Do you want a house full of drunken party people? Or will you be up partying with them ? I know some innkeepers offer a "spend a quiet new year's eve with us" package. And they make it clear, loud partying is not tolerated..
catlady said:
I will take the other side of the coin here. Do you want a house full of drunken party people? Or will you be up partying with them ? I know some innkeepers offer a "spend a quiet new year's eve with us" package. And they make it clear, loud partying is not tolerated.
I was scared of this before, and three years now have had people who want a quiet place for NY's eve, so I think the wording of the package is important. I am the one who read "Have you ever scraped vomit off wall paper" and ran away...
Be assertive when they call. Funny, my guests never went out and weren't even drinking! (I hope I can get that again, I will report in if it is otherwise!) oh and the later check out is part of the deal and everyone left at the regular time!

I will take the other side of the coin here. Do you want a house full of drunken party people? Or will you be up partying with them ? I know some innkeepers offer a "spend a quiet new year's eve with us" package. And they make it clear, loud partying is not tolerated..
catlady said:
I was scared of this before, and three years now have had people who want a quiet place for NY's eve, so I think the wording of the package is important. I am the one who read "Have you ever scraped vomit off wall paper" and ran away...
Be assertive when they call. Funny, my guests never went out and weren't even drinking! (I hope I can get that again, I will report in if it is otherwise!) oh and the later check out is part of the deal and everyone left at the regular time!
Joey Bloggs said:
We always have folks looking for a quiet way to spend the evening. The most boisterous NYE we had when a group booked the place and they wanted to have their group photo taken in their pj's in front of the fireplace at midnight. We always have champagne and a few snacks out to go with watching the ball drop and only about half our guests make it to that.

Back