Our first reservation request!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white pine

Reaction score
DH just called to me, someone wants to reserve two rooms, two beds in each. Cool, I say, then he says, "four priests from Greece, on an e-mail from Hong Kong". NO, REALLY! And so it begins.......
rolleyes.gif

For anyone not yet open, remember a few key red flags:
1) the email address is usually not visible - I mean YOUR email address, in the TO: field.
2) it is always for a lengthy stay. If they had said a business guest from Greece for one week vs four priests for 2 or 3 or 4 weeks...and lastly my favorite line
3) Get back to me with the total price - and then their guarantee they will pay you in full via credit card. This is a warning as IF You have online reservations then a guest could USE them, or IF You have a wbesite, then the price is published right there.

For anyone not yet open, remember a few key red flags:
1) the email address is usually not visible - I mean YOUR email address, in the TO: field.
2) it is always for a lengthy stay. If they had said a business guest from Greece for one week vs four priests for 2 or 3 or 4 weeks...and lastly my favorite line
3) Get back to me with the total price - and then their guarantee they will pay you in full via credit card. This is a warning as IF You have online reservations then a guest could USE them, or IF You have a wbesite, then the price is published right there.

Oh, that gave me a good laugh! See how far ahead of the game you are already??? Awesome!

Oh brother...please don't ever even respond to these kinds of things...you are wasting your time. JUST DELETE!!!

When I saw the heading I was so excited remembering my first (real reservation)! I can never thank all these wonderful people for educating me also. Have fun!
teeth_smile.gif

no honeymooning couples? or representatives from FIFA (with MSN email address) LOL? you havn't fully joined the club yet!

Back