Our first review!!! I want to throw a review party!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
"Bliss
The new owners could not have been more gracious and hospitable. Even though this inn was in transition, (owners and construction), I felt that I was in a five star luxury hotel. Everything was spotless, views from all windows to die for, breakfast was well planned and presented beautifully. I hope to visit as often as possible. It's not easy describing perfection."
I am so freakin' excited!!! And proud of my husband!

Did you keep the old reviews? Or did you ask T/A for a fresh start?

Old reviews are still there. Most are good. Do most people erase the past?.
TheBeachHouse said:
Old reviews are still there. Most are good. Do most people erase the past?
If the past is bad, yes ask for it to be erased. If it's good, leave it. If you're high up on TA in a crowded town, leave them regardless. You probably don't want to start over at the bottom of a long list.
Answer this review and say thanks. Explain the new ownership and a SHORT idea of you plans. No more than TWO SHORT paragraphs! If you have photos/a blog of the reno work (you DO have that, right? ;-) ) then in your mgmt response mention that everyone can see the reno in progress on your website. (Don't try to include a link.)

regular_smile.gif
Congrats you deserve it! We are all doing the happy dance with you.

YEAH...good for you. I only see one bad review from way back in 2007. A friend of mine recently purchased a place here and I told her to go in and add management responses to several of her old one which weren't terrible but she explained she was new owner and changes have been made. I think that is a good thing to do.

Old reviews are still there. Most are good. Do most people erase the past?.
With only 6 properties and your rank, I might consider doing it after you have 2 or 3 good ones. That way the old reviews won't drag you down.

YAY!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
thumbs_up.gif
----- we need a little man icon doing the happy dance!!!

Got a second review. Also excellent. Feeling pretty good about this B&B thing. :)

Got a second review. Also excellent. Feeling pretty good about this B&B thing. :).
It does gladden the heart, doesn't it. We should all take time to feel good about the positive comments, too often we concentrate on the few negatives.
We had a review from a couple from NJ yesterday, couldn't ask for a better one. Feeling pretty good here too,
regular_smile.gif

Hi Beach House!
We are located in Southern Maine and oft get requests for recommendations on the North Shore. I don't see any contact info for you, but you can contact me here if you wish referrals.

Got our third TA review.
And, our web guy is giving us attention. We are expanding with more optimization words, more pictures, and a list of links of things to do in and around the town.
Third review: “Beautiful Escape”
My husband and I visited the Seafarer Inn the first weekend of November. It was wonderful. We had ocean views from our room. The room was more than what we expected, and the hospitality awesome. We would definitely go back again.

Got our third TA review.
And, our web guy is giving us attention. We are expanding with more optimization words, more pictures, and a list of links of things to do in and around the town.
My husband and I visited the Seafarer Inn the first weekend of November. It was wonderful. We had ocean views from our room. The room was more than what we expected, and the hospitality awesome. We would definitely go back again..
Fantastic! Congratulations!

Got our third TA review.
My husband and I visited the Seafarer Inn the first weekend of November. It was wonderful. We had ocean views from our room. The room was more than what we expected, and the hospitality awesome. We would definitely go back again..
Sounds like you are on a roll! Keep up the good work, you are obviously doing everything right!
thumbs_up.gif

Another few good reviews on TA. We have moved from 5 of 7 to 3 of 7!!
AND we fixed the Google review issue. Finally. Google took their time uploading our response.
AND I saw a review on Yelp that was a total surprise.
This thing just may work!

Another few good reviews on TA. We have moved from 5 of 7 to 3 of 7!!
AND we fixed the Google review issue. Finally. Google took their time uploading our response.
AND I saw a review on Yelp that was a total surprise.
This thing just may work!.
TheBeachHouse said:
This thing just may work!
thumbs_up.gif
It works because YOU work!

Back