Our First Weekend as Innkeepers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
We had a really great weekend. Perfect weather.
We had walk in guests in addition to a whole house of one family here for a wedding next door at the bigger B&B. Full house.
On one table, we set out yogurt in individual containers, some sweet and some Greek; Cheerios, packets of oatmeal, and fresh strawberries and bananas. On the other table we had a coffee cake from a local bakery and put that out along with bread, English muffins and butter, peanut butter, jelly, honey, cinnamon and sugar. The third table had coffee, hot water, tea bags, orange juice, milk, sugar and sugar subs.
People seemed pleased. I fully intend to make oatmeal, granola and muffins down the road, but the grab and go seemed to work well.
Everyone sat on the porch and enjoyed the view. A nice start.
After check out, we stripped the beds, started the laundry and sat down to watch the football game. I fell asleep and realized it was the first time I'd sat down in the middle of the day in over a month of moving, packing, unpacking, organizing and starting a business. I'm glad now that we did it at a quiet time of year.

thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Wonderful!! Nice to start out with income. As the say here, "Ya done good!!"

Glad to hear. Hoping your booking calendar will be as full as you would like.

Ha, ha. That falling asleep thing gets me everyday! It's like some sort of switch turns off and I am out!

Back