Our house sold.....our adventure begins

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanna

Reaction score
We're so excited....after a few months on the market our house has sold. By the end of November we will be headed east and searching for our B&B. I'll be keeping up on my daily visits to this forum and will also keep you posted on our search. Today I'm on top of the world.

FANTASTIC
It really is an adventure. Here's to the rose-colored spectacles and may they never do more than slip down the nose.

Hallujah! You must be so relieved to have sold your house, that's great! Now the search begins...enjoy the adventure. I know you'll find the perfect place!

Nothing feels better than the relief you get after selling your house. I know I definitely was when we sold ours last summer. Granted it was only on the market for two weeks, but the constant cleaning and showing appointments several times a day gets tiring quickly. Good practice in preparation for a B&B I guess.
Congrats on the sale of your place. Keep us updated on your search. Where are you headed to first?

May your search for your Perfect Place be short and your years as an innkeeper be long and so full of joy that it seems like yesterday instead of years.

Good luck! May you have many half-rolls of tp in your private quarters!!

Wow you are very lucky! hopefully you will be able to work out a great deal for a B & B. Some folks are real hungry and anxious to go;-) Do you know where you will be searching?? Best of luck.

Yay!!! Yipee! Congrats!
Best wishes on finding that one perfect place!
Hey... Junie will be selling hers...... :)

Thanks for all the good wishes. We're so excited. We are heading to Eastern Canada, the Maritimes. Today we bought packing boxes. Boy do you ever collect alot of STUFF

Thanks for all the good wishes. We're so excited. We are heading to Eastern Canada, the Maritimes. Today we bought packing boxes. Boy do you ever collect alot of STUFF.
"Boy do you ever collect alot of STUFF"
NSS (No Shit Sherlock) .... and that's why we had to open a B&B !!!
Seriously, I was actually embarrassed by the fact I had enough "stuff" from my New York micro apartment to fill a mini-hotel.

Ahhh...the Maritimes. I remember when you could buy a nice seaside house for less than $5000 not so long ago. One of my fondest memories were of a road trip to Halifax. Starting an innkeeping career anywhere on the Canadian coast would be a blast.
Can't you tell I'm jealous?

Thanks for all the good wishes. We're so excited. We are heading to Eastern Canada, the Maritimes. Today we bought packing boxes. Boy do you ever collect alot of STUFF.
Seriously, I was actually embarrassed by the fact I had enough "stuff" from my New York micro apartment to fill a mini-hotel.
The Tipsy Butler said:
We moved out of a basement and into a one bedroom apartment... filled it just fine.
Two years later we moved out of the one bedroom into a three bedroom house... again, we fit just fine.
Moved out of that house to a 6 bedroom, 5-1/2 bath B&B (after renovations) and I have too much stuff.
But having a B&B gives me a marvelous excuse to own multiple plate sets, and countless little glass serving dishes (for my fruit starters), and a way to show off my mother's artwork and her musical instrument miniatures (if I ever get them unpacked and up).
=)
Kk.

Back