Our last weekend as innkeepers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdwatcher

Reaction score
Well its our last weekend as Innkeepers here at this inn and sadly it is closing permanantely. We have a great group coming in for a Blues festival and most of the group so it will be a fun last weekend. We also have VIP passes to the festival and I cant wait-then its done. We have a week and we go our next assignment.
I can't say that I will miss this area but its still bittersweet and its a shame that its all for sale and truthfully dont think it will sell anytime soon. The owner has housesitterts till its sold and is having an estate sale this weekend for the event center and Next Sunday for all the contents in the Inn.
If anyone is interested in it we are in Helena, AR or estatesales.net. then click on AR then on Helena-West Helena.
All the contents of the Inn will be available for sale on Oct. 15th and 16th. Check it out.
We are out of here on October 15th at 6AM.

Good luck with your new assignment! It is hard to leave a place that is closing forever.

Well guess what? It's my last weekend too. ! I am so fortunate to have always kept a second job, and am devastated that everything I have worked for and put into this house (including ALL my income from my other job) will just go back to the bank in the foreclosure but I am tired of trying to work with them, they don't care and whatever they lose (lose? I invested over 100K into this place) they will get a nice check from Mr Obama's bailout funds and it's MUCH easier than trying to work with someone who has not one but two jobs.
All my contents will go on auction between the end of Oct and mid November (anyone need some almost new 1500 thread count sheets at $15/set or white towels and bathmats in great condition as well as anything else you can think of)
Thank God I have a residential morgage and not a business loan so they can't come after the contents which I paid for up front when I bought this place so THAT little bit of money that comes in will be what I will be starting over with
So I am RIGHT THERE WITH YA birdwatcher!!!
My B&B is only listed on http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Semon040 - I spoke to the bank about short sale but oh lovely they would hit me with a tax bill for the loss so here you go Wells Fargo ("the bank that cares haha"), you want it you can have it.
And I say that with sadness because I have grown this business trememdously, have a 60% repeat rate and so many guests have just become the most wonderful friends and "almost" family.

Sad and exciting all at the same time. We're looking forward to your next chapter! Best of luck with the move.

Well guess what? It's my last weekend too. ! I am so fortunate to have always kept a second job, and am devastated that everything I have worked for and put into this house (including ALL my income from my other job) will just go back to the bank in the foreclosure but I am tired of trying to work with them, they don't care and whatever they lose (lose? I invested over 100K into this place) they will get a nice check from Mr Obama's bailout funds and it's MUCH easier than trying to work with someone who has not one but two jobs.
All my contents will go on auction between the end of Oct and mid November (anyone need some almost new 1500 thread count sheets at $15/set or white towels and bathmats in great condition as well as anything else you can think of)
Thank God I have a residential morgage and not a business loan so they can't come after the contents which I paid for up front when I bought this place so THAT little bit of money that comes in will be what I will be starting over with
My B&B is only listed on http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Semon040 - I spoke to the bank about short sale but oh lovely they would hit me with a tax bill for the loss so here you go Wells Fargo ("the bank that cares haha"), you want it you can have it.
And I say that with sadness because I have grown this business trememdously, have a 60% repeat rate and so many guests have just become the most wonderful friends and "almost" family..
agoodman said:
I invested over 100K into this place) they will get a nice check from Mr Obama's bailout funds and it's MUCH easier than trying to work with someone who has not one but two jobs.
Just to keep things honest, the bailout of the banks was the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, signed by the Bush administration when things started to fall apart. President George W. Bush signed the bill into law within hours of its congressional enactment, creating the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) to purchase failing bank assets.
2008. How time flies when you're havin' fun.

And I say that with sadness because I have grown this business trememdously, have a 60% repeat rate and so many guests have just become the most wonderful friends and "almost" family..
I know how frustrating it is to lose your home. Even though ours was not a B&B, we still had invested time, money, and love into our home when we had to hand the keys over a couple of years ago after D was laid off. It is indeed very, very tough. I am sorry for your loss, Agoodman.
Hold close to your heart all those "almost family" friends whose life crossed yours so that you could touch their heart while you served them. It will be those memories that will make the sting of this loss worth bearing.

I can only imagine this would be hard. I wish you all the best on your new assignment and look forward to hearing about it once you are settled in there.

AGoodman- Sorry to hear this.

It's a beautiful place, too bad the owners aren't willing to do what it takes to run it the right way. You are lucky to have a new job to go to and here's hoping you have more success with this new one. Best wishes!

Sad to hear that 2 B&B's will fade away and only be fond memories for those that were fortunate to walk through their doors.
Best wishes to you Birdwatcher on your way to your new position, I hope things go well and look forward to reading about this new adventure.
Agoodman, so sorry that all your hard work has ended in this way. May this be a turning point to something better for your future.

Been there and lost part of our B & B as well and no matter how hard we tried to work with the "bank of Asses" they didnt want to work with us so we had to let it go. Fortunantely we got this job here being paid as Innkeepers and were at least able to save one for our home...its definantely breaking the owner's heart, but this owner has so much money that she will be giving away a victorian garden that was built from the ground up to whomever buys the house or event center...
Good luck agoodman-Im sure all your guests will remember you with fond memories.

Don't be a stranger. Your contributions here have been valuable, and we all want to know what comes next. Best wishes.

Back