Our little friend...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
Tookie, our new parakeet! He's a total sweetheart and completely tame, shocking for a bin birdy! He likes disco!
lrg_tookie1_0_0.jpg
Obviously, DH didn't take this pic!

He looks like fun. What's a bin birdy? Is that like the bird equivalent of a puppy mill?

Do you put a picture of your bird on your web site?
My husband is alergic to birds and I would want to know about a bird before I made a reservation.

My husband is alergic to birds and I would want to know about a bird before I made a reservation..
I couldn't find anyone who hand raises them in our area so I got him at a pet store, but he acts like he was hand raised and he is pretty young...
My son wanted a hamster, but I didn't want to deal with any potential escapee issues or the smell, and I have experience with parakeets and cockatiels...My son is really enjoying the bird, he's my bird, but ds is really showing great interest in helping take care of it and learning about caring for a small pet.
We don't permit our pets in any of the guest areas. If guests are allergic to birds, I think they'd need to be more concerned with the hundreds of wild birds living on our property, than a parakeet in my son's bedroom...The wild birds nest in our surrounding trees, in our birdhouses, visit our feeders and pond, and the ducks are always coming onto our deck and porch, wild geese, herons, robins, blackbirds, ravens, magpies, you name it....It's the country, you have to come here in a bubble to not be exposed to birds...
We don't have any forced air systems, so I'm not worried about it. If someone asked, or noted they couldn't have down bedding, etc... I'd tell them the situation and let them make their own decision.
We had a guy call wanting to know if we had dogs, because he was highly allergic, I told him yes, but that she wasn't allowed in the guest areas, he booked 3 nights...no problem...
wink_smile.gif

My husband is alergic to birds and I would want to know about a bird before I made a reservation..
I couldn't find anyone who hand raises them in our area so I got him at a pet store, but he acts like he was hand raised and he is pretty young...
My son wanted a hamster, but I didn't want to deal with any potential escapee issues or the smell, and I have experience with parakeets and cockatiels...My son is really enjoying the bird, he's my bird, but ds is really showing great interest in helping take care of it and learning about caring for a small pet.
We don't permit our pets in any of the guest areas. If guests are allergic to birds, I think they'd need to be more concerned with the hundreds of wild birds living on our property, than a parakeet in my son's bedroom...The wild birds nest in our surrounding trees, in our birdhouses, visit our feeders and pond, and the ducks are always coming onto our deck and porch, wild geese, herons, robins, blackbirds, ravens, magpies, you name it....It's the country, you have to come here in a bubble to not be exposed to birds...
We don't have any forced air systems, so I'm not worried about it. If someone asked, or noted they couldn't have down bedding, etc... I'd tell them the situation and let them make their own decision.
We had a guy call wanting to know if we had dogs, because he was highly allergic, I told him yes, but that she wasn't allowed in the guest areas, he booked 3 nights...no problem...
wink_smile.gif

I really asked if you had info or picture about the bird on the web site. So people that are alergic can make a decision.
My husband is not alergic to down or fether pillows, so that doesn't make a difference. Birds outside don't bother him. Chicken houses, pet stores and homes with birds do bother him.

Willowpondgj said:
He likes disco!
He's not dancing. He's trying as hard as he can to get out of his cage to fly away. Disco.....shheeeesh!.
Actually, the birds I have had did like music, and would dance whether they were in or out of the cage. I had one bird that really liked Earth Wind and Fire...Look up dancing birds on youtube, they are funny characters.
This one cracks me up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw&feature=PlayList&p=F980C7195D7D5A59&index=1
He's a cockatoo, but parakeets like to dance too!

Back