Outrage over bill crosses a line

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Outrage over bill crosses a line[/FONT]
The Spokesman Review
John Hough, co-owner of the Roosevelt Inn bed and breakfast, is taken into protective custody by the Coeur d'Alene Police on Wednesday after he allegedly ...

"Hough was not arrested and no crime had been committed"
From JB - this is very sad. Our power company AEP upped the rates 20% in the midst of massive unemployment, massive economic downturn, a rare extreme cold snap, people were living in cold with lack of food in our area due to these greedy
potty-mouth.gif
. Our governor finally intervened and took them to task, and they had to bring them back to the rates they were prior to the extreme cold snap we had when they upped them 20% across the board. What they had done was unlawful in itself.
So all that to say I feel for this innkeeper who snapped. I am sending them a check.

The Roosevelt - A Bed and Breakfast Inn

105 E. Wallace Avenue - Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814

My daughter has been looking at houses to buy and the first thing she looked at after taxes was utility bills. In Iowa that is important.

This year was not the norm here at all, we have more snow than all the years combined that we have lived here and the temps stayed low for a long long time. I feel for this couple, ours was outrageous and it was kicking us when we were down in the midst of a deep freeze, the crooks! I told DH to look out I might be next, as I called them what they are, crooks in the midst of anger while paying the bill.

This year was not the norm here at all, we have more snow than all the years combined that we have lived here and the temps stayed low for a long long time. I feel for this couple, ours was outrageous and it was kicking us when we were down in the midst of a deep freeze, the crooks! I told DH to look out I might be next, as I called them what they are, crooks in the midst of anger while paying the bill..
We experienced an enormous rate hike for natural gas a few years ago. It put several glass businesses out of business and almost did in another. Many people struggled with their gas bills that winter - and it was not a warm winter either.

Living in East Texas an air conditioner is not just a luxury, but a necessity. When you're running a B&B it becomes critical. Well, ours is coughing up blood. It's going to cost us nearly 10K to replace it with a larger more energy efficient unit. OUCH!
Good new is that the new system is 60% more efficient than our old unit and will probably half our electric bill. Small favor, but appreciated.

Back