Outrageous innkeeper criticism

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
had guests here staying a few nites ... one of the women had nothing nice to say about the last place they stayed before arriving here ... nothing. period.
most outrageous was that the innkeeper 'got all dressed up and made up' all the time. 'what's wrong with that?' i asked her. 'trying to show off, put on airs' was the complaint. i laughed because i am barely presentable sometimes ... stumbling out of bed, trying to find a hairbrush and be 'neat and pretty' before serving breakfast ... gasping as i look in the mirror when guests arrive and i've just finished flipping rooms ... hair piled on my head like pebbles flinstone with a filthy apron on over jeans. i told her i thought it was nice that the innkeeper wanted to look nice FOR her guests.
she only grumbled 'who does she think she is?' .... that's unfair.
you know, sometimes a guest sets their mind against a person or place and that's that.

Obviously that woman felt the innkeeper wasn't 'in her place'. The woman GUEST should have been the better dressed. She should come here...no competition for attire here, either.

We would not have Hyacinth Bucket here now would we?.
Holy cow. I just used that name with hubs the other day to describe a guest! She was very loud, very 'proper' (yes, I know that's contradictory), very sure she was right. I overheard every conversation she had, as I'm sure everyone else did as well. She had a date planned with friends who had 'something come up' at the last minute. That was when the 'Hyacinth' picture came to mind. And then I felt sorry for her. I feel sorry for Hyacinth, too.

Holy cow. I just used that name with hubs the other day to describe a guest! She was very loud, very 'proper' (yes, I know that's contradictory), very sure she was right. I overheard every conversation she had, as I'm sure everyone else did as well. She had a date planned with friends who had 'something come up' at the last minute. That was when the 'Hyacinth' picture came to mind. And then I felt sorry for her. I feel sorry for Hyacinth, too.
that's pronounced 'bouquet'

seashanty said:
I have Royal Daulton with Periwinkles.

In this case, I think it's pronounced B-i-t-c-h.

Back