Outsourcing breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We stayed at a B & B on the South Shore of Boston last summer. The owner did not prepare breakfast but gave you a voucher to go to the local dinner type rest. for breakfast. It was OK and the food was good but part of the B & B experience is breakfast at the B & B. After all half of the name "Bed & Breakfast" is breakfast.

We stayed at a B & B on the South Shore of Boston last summer. The owner did not prepare breakfast but gave you a voucher to go to the local dinner type rest. for breakfast. It was OK and the food was good but part of the B & B experience is breakfast at the B & B. After all half of the name "Bed & Breakfast" is breakfast..
JeannineIrish said:
We stayed at a B & B on the South Shore of Boston last summer. The owner did not prepare breakfast but gave you a voucher to go to the local dinner type rest. for breakfast. It was OK and the food was good but part of the B & B experience is breakfast at the B & B. After all half of the name "Bed & Breakfast" is breakfast.
Is there an echo in here?
regular_smile.gif

Charleston SC Inns are not allowed to cook breakfast....
well that explains it... I was thinking of a trip there after watching Samantha Brown last night...but forget going to a B & B then:-(
catlady said:
well that explains it... I was thinking of a trip there after watching Samantha Brown last night...but forget going to a B & B then:-(
Go, but don't waste your money thinking the second 'B' is what is driving up the prices. A good number of the houses are really beautiful and interesting to stay in.

I agree, BUT as WillowPond said in the very beginning this restaurant was PART OF THE INN, they were NOT sending anyone down the road nor were they saying this is what you get. She was able to choose what she wanted - anything she wanted - and the first $30 of the bill was covered.
Yes, that is a thought for those emergency situations when we are unable to do breakfast. There was one time the Lions Club was doing a pancake breakfast and I stated clearly to guests booking for that night before Breakfast was going to be at the Lions Club Breakfast - the innkeeper was cooking there..... I just wish I had a lovely alternative to send guests to.....
Here is the menu:
http://www.moonstonebeach.com/dining/menu/brunch.php
All breakfasts come with complimentary champagne and now on the website of the inn it says a full breakfast in included with stay, guests can choose from the full menu... I'm pretty sure they did breakfast for the guests prior to the brunch hours, but I can't remember, if they don't now, that would be the only drawback. But the unobstructed ocean view was delightful...

there is a new b and b here in town that gives the guests a coupon for the little breakfast spot next door. Their guests don't seem to mind as long as they can spend the night in this historic house.

We stayed at a B & B on the South Shore of Boston last summer. The owner did not prepare breakfast but gave you a voucher to go to the local dinner type rest. for breakfast. It was OK and the food was good but part of the B & B experience is breakfast at the B & B. After all half of the name "Bed & Breakfast" is breakfast..
JeannineIrish said:
Is there an echo in here?
regular_smile.gif

Yes there is because I hadn't read all the replies before I posted mine
embaressed_smile.gif

I agree, BUT as WillowPond said in the very beginning this restaurant was PART OF THE INN, they were NOT sending anyone down the road nor were they saying this is what you get. She was able to choose what she wanted - anything she wanted - and the first $30 of the bill was covered.
Yes, that is a thought for those emergency situations when we are unable to do breakfast. There was one time the Lions Club was doing a pancake breakfast and I stated clearly to guests booking for that night before Breakfast was going to be at the Lions Club Breakfast - the innkeeper was cooking there..... I just wish I had a lovely alternative to send guests to.....
Here is the menu:
All breakfasts come with complimentary champagne and now on the website of the inn it says a full breakfast in included with stay, guests can choose from the full menu... I'm pretty sure they did breakfast for the guests prior to the brunch hours, but I can't remember, if they don't now, that would be the only drawback. But the unobstructed ocean view was delightful...
Willowpondgj said:
Here is the menu:
My mouth is watering! All my favorite foods are there.

I take it.......the locations where the B&B could only serve continental....needed a commercial kitchen?

Back