Over To The Dark Side

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
After years of resisting we're now listed on bdc. Lots of holes in the diary this year over the busy season led to me giving it a try.
This time of year I'm just releasing unsold rooms over the next 4-6 weeks but that strategy might change out of season.
So far it's working well and the higher prices are covering most of the commission. Only got 3 reviews so far and the people that paid the least gave me 7.5/10 for value whereas everyone else scored all 10/10. Typical. but then there are places around here with lots of horrible reviews who still get bookings, so hey-ho.

Good luck. I was so happy the day I dropped them!

12 years in the business and I get 60% reservations through BDC, but also 25% - 30% cancellations. Frustrating, but customers reserve 2 or more places and then after a while decide which one is best suited for them and cancel the rest.

12 years in the business and I get 60% reservations through BDC, but also 25% - 30% cancellations. Frustrating, but customers reserve 2 or more places and then after a while decide which one is best suited for them and cancel the rest..
We started charging a non-refundable deposit and the cancellations stopped!

Back