Overbooking

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April

Reaction score
We had a first overbooking - the longer I think about it more sure I am it was the Book ing. com system glitch as I went carefully through all reservations and found inconsistencies on their calendar. Will talk with the rep tomorrow - but this morning I went through real hell. Whole town is completely booked and it was not a small task to solve the problem.
Wanted to ask you whom are you using to synchronize your bookings between Reskey -B ing.com,Air, etc- I think I need one so I do not have the overbooking issue in the future.

Hi April. So sorry to read this. I did this one time years and years ago. It was my fault, no OTA glitch. I felt horrible and it too was not an easy fix.

I don't use a system to do this but felt I would comment anyway after just reading about this happening to another innkeeper on another forum. She uses a sync system but somehow Ex ped ia and the sync did not hook up.

Another poster stated they had had the same issue recently.

So I am here stating that even if you do go with a sync system you may want to always double check to make sure it made the connection. Especially during busy times.

We are using MyAllocator. We had one glitch but we still don't know if it's ResKey or MyAllocator that screwed it up. I have to say that the reservation went through several iterations as the client didn't book it right the first time, so we don't know if that caused the problem. But somehow they ended up without a room assigned. We managed to solve the problem (I wrote on here about it) and that was the only time. We block off third parties for busy times in any case.

Back