Paddle faster...I hear banjos!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
So yes it has been a strange summer, now for the strangest event I have listed...
Ronny Cox who is an actor, songwriter, story teller and musician who has been performing for more than 40 years will be in an area giving a show at a coffee house.
So what, you ask?
Ring ding ding...His first role in movies was as the guitar player in "Deliverance" in the iconic dueling banjos scene.
(I told you this was going to be strange) LOL!

PS The coffee house is part of a church. Sorry, I just think this is quite funny...Yes, I am blogging it. How could I not?

The guy who played the banjo used to work for me in north Georgia.... he couldn't play the banjo but had 'the look'..... It was filmed partly in Clayton, GA. There were several other locals in that film.

Seeing that sequence brought back old memories. I haven't seen Deliverance in years. What a great movie. It would be a thrill to see Ronny Cox live.
Nostalgia the next best thing to real life.

The guy who played the banjo used to work for me in north Georgia.... he couldn't play the banjo but had 'the look'..... It was filmed partly in Clayton, GA. There were several other locals in that film..
I have been to Clayton, GA! Did they film there because of all the falls in Raybun County?

Sam.... probably and the cheap labor pool for extras. Clayton is in a really pretty part of the state. I also think part of the reason the film was done there, Burt and Lonnie had a home in Highlands, NC - just a few miles north of Clayton... don't know which came first the film or their owning property there. Clayton is also the site for the filming Long Riders with the Keech and Caradine brothers.

Ha, Ha "Paddle Faster, I hear banjos" or "Did you just hear a banjo"? I'm going to use one of those next time I go canoeing. I freakin' love that movie. The best work ever by all actors involved...truly.

Back