PAII 2013

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Just so you can start planning, they announced this morning that the PAII conference in 2013 will be in Las Vegas.

I went to a PAII conference several years ago when it came to Branson. I was not impressed at all. I really didn't come away with much from it. If I was a new innkeeper I probably would go. Most of the things they talk about are all online or things that you already know if you have been an innkeeper for any length of time! To be honest with you, I get more out of participating with this Forum. Just my opinion. Maybe it has changed over the last few years.

I went to a PAII conference several years ago when it came to Branson. I was not impressed at all. I really didn't come away with much from it. If I was a new innkeeper I probably would go. Most of the things they talk about are all online or things that you already know if you have been an innkeeper for any length of time! To be honest with you, I get more out of participating with this Forum. Just my opinion. Maybe it has changed over the last few years..
Bob said:
To be honest with you, I get more out of participating with this Forum. Just my opinion. Maybe it has changed over the last few years.
No, I agree. I get more tips here in a week's time that I got at the convention. But it's still nice to meet and share with other's in the field, and I DID pick up a few things I haven't learned here, so it was worth it.
Plus Linda and I had the best meal of our life at a restaurant across from the convention center last night, so that alone was worth the trip!

I would go just to meet y'all. If it were a wee bit closer.
wink_smile.gif

When will it be ? What month Please?.
Probably in January. That is usually when it is.
OH gosh I hope not. Having to cross mountain pass would be very hard at that time of year. I can hope for spring like portland conferance was.
Finally, you can mark your calendar for the 2013 PAII conference in Las Vegas. It will be held January 28-31.Finally, you can mark your calendar for the 2013 PAII conference in Las Vegas. It will be held January 28-31.

Dang, I do so despise Vegas..
Madeleine said:
Dang, I do so despise Vegas.
Me, too! I was hoping for a better place.
probably because air fare usually has good deals there and hotel rates a deal someplaces
did they say what hotel? they probably think it will atract folks who may have not been before.
catlady said:
probably because air fare usually has good deals there and hotel rates a deal someplaces
did they say what hotel? they probably think it will atract folks who may have not been before.
and weather.
Being January pretty much eliminates all plains states and NE.

I wrote this week in a blog article:

"Just say no to neon tucker"
Vegas is one big ol' neon bed and breakfast! haha

Dang, I do so despise Vegas..
Madeleine said:
Dang, I do so despise Vegas.
Me, too! I was hoping for a better place.
catlady said:
and weather.
Being January pretty much eliminates all plains states and NE.
January in Vegas is NOT HOT, like it is COLD. BUT it ain't MN OR VT
OF COURSE we might go anyway- got friends there we need to see and it might be fun to meet some of our innkeeping friends there.

It will be at the Tropicana..
There site sure doesn't make it easy to check rates. Right now the standard rate goes from $250 up. Hope PAII is getting a good deal for its members.
Yes, there will be a special group rate. The group rate in Little Rock saved us about $100/night over the standard rate on the hotel website. Closer to meeting time they will release the group rate code you'll use to get the special pricing.

Back