PAII Conference in Charleston, SC in January 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
Anyone out there going? I thought it might be fun to have an Innspiring meeting - have a face to go along with the name. I'm also looking for a volunteer to talk at a presentation I am doing. I have a group of Inn-sitters, Inn Owners who have hired Inn-sitters, and previous Inn Owners who have switched over to Inn-sitting. I am still looking for an Inn Owner who has never hired an Inn-sitter. The presentation is all about reducing the Inn Owners stress and how we can make leaving your Inn for a much needed break as easy as possible so you can enjoy your time away so you can rejuvenate and come back with enthusiasm. Thoughts? Volunteers?

I'm going, so is DH. I might volunteer, depends on what I have to do.

I'm going, so is DH. I might volunteer, depends on what I have to do..
Carolyn, All you would have to do is be the voice of every Inn Owner who has not ever hired an Inn-sitter. State your reasons/reservations about the whole process and why you haven't taken that step for your business. We then hope to have a conversation amongst us all (including the audience) on what we as Inn-sitters can do to make the transition easier. We are working on an Inn Operations Manual - something that an Inn Owner would be asked to fill out before the Inn-sitter gets there to do the job. I'll keep you posted- I'd love to meet you and possibly have you on our panel!

We'll be there. But I use my innsitter on a regular basis so could not volunteer. But we actually use ours more for additional hands than when we're not there. We run wine tasting tours, so often are not there to turn the rooms or are not able to get back in time for check in. So we use ours regularly. They are absoute dolls about hopping in the flip rooms and hand out to check in guests that arrive before we get back.
They did innsit for us when we went to Ashville - the inn was not booked but I liked them having their first time to learn their way around the kitchen with no guests. Now they know where everything is. They will be innsitting in January and I hope to have one room booked to keep them occupied. But the last time they innsat they had a great time - said it was like being on vacation.
RIki

We'll be there. But I use my innsitter on a regular basis so could not volunteer. But we actually use ours more for additional hands than when we're not there. We run wine tasting tours, so often are not there to turn the rooms or are not able to get back in time for check in. So we use ours regularly. They are absoute dolls about hopping in the flip rooms and hand out to check in guests that arrive before we get back.
They did innsit for us when we went to Ashville - the inn was not booked but I liked them having their first time to learn their way around the kitchen with no guests. Now they know where everything is. They will be innsitting in January and I hope to have one room booked to keep them occupied. But the last time they innsat they had a great time - said it was like being on vacation.
RIki
Egoo - would you be interested in sharing your positive experiences in hiring Inn-sitters? I think it sounds as if you have it figured out how to use Inn-sitters to make your job easier - that is what we are trying to teach!
I've always said that when I am on a job it feels like a work vacation - I am working, but I also am in a new area that if I have time I am able to explore. I've been in cities and states that I wouldn't normally have just traveled to on my own.
Where did you stay in Asheville? I have worked at 3 different B&B's down there - love the area!
Let me know if you would be willing to share your stories at the conference.

RIki
Egoo - would you be interested in sharing your positive experiences in hiring Inn-sitters? I think it sounds as if you have it figured out how to use Inn-sitters to make your job easier - that is what we are trying to teach!
I've always said that when I am on a job it feels like a work vacation - I am working, but I also am in a new area that if I have time I am able to explore. I've been in cities and states that I wouldn't normally have just traveled to on my own.
Where did you stay in Asheville? I have worked at 3 different B&B's down there - love the area!
Let me know if you would be willing to share your stories at the conference.
Sure, I'll talk about our innsitters at the conference. We could not survive without them!
We stayed at the Wright Inn in Ashville.
Riki

I have decided to take the PAII Conference money to Germany for my trip of a lifetime. I doubt I will get another chance to go to Europe with airfare as a gift and guided tour wherever I want to go. I will need money for admissions, meals, etc.

Riki and Carolyn, I have decided to keep our panel to just 6 at this time, but I sure hope both of you come to the workshop (Wed. Jan. 12th at 9:45am) and if no one else speaks up to ask questions maybe I can count on you two to get the conversation started! Looking forward to meeting you both!

Riki and Carolyn, I have decided to keep our panel to just 6 at this time, but I sure hope both of you come to the workshop (Wed. Jan. 12th at 9:45am) and if no one else speaks up to ask questions maybe I can count on you two to get the conversation started! Looking forward to meeting you both!.
suellen222 said:
Riki and Carolyn, I have decided to keep our panel to just 6 at this time, but I sure hope both of you come to the workshop (Wed. Jan. 12th at 9:45am) and if no one else speaks up to ask questions maybe I can count on you two to get the conversation started! Looking forward to meeting you both!
No worries. I don't know if we will be sure to make the workshop since there are always so many going on at once. I'll try though!
RIki

This is my first PAII conference so I'm just hanging loose! Can't wait to meet anyone who is going!

Remember where we are should you pass this way enroute. :) Still not sure what is going on here, can't make plans right now. But we have two bdays and an anniv during that time frame.

from Jumping Rocks - I hope some of you can make it to their sessions:
Shot this on my iphone today (!) in prep for Professional Association of Innkeepers International (PAII) show in...http://fb.me/PGdop4Gyhttp://fb.me/PGdop4Gy.
My oh my....how the phone cameras have evolved!
tounge_smile.gif

Back