PAII magazine

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
The new PAII mag has a rather extensive overview of guest management systems & availability/booking calendars. It's an excellent technology overview and hope there are more articles in this vein planned.
AND, swirt's inngenious website is mentioned for blogging. Yours truly makes a statement in an article as well.
It's a good overview but I had to take exception with the author of the article about the guest mgmt/booking article. Every time bandb is mentioned the chart states that they have 7000+ B&B members and 7000+ members using their guest mgmt/booking products. That's a bit ingenuous on the part of bandb to state those numbers as not everyone uses their products.

I'm still annoyed that I haven't received my mag yet, especially since I just renewed my membership. They were going to put a replacement in the mail yesterday.
I expect that 7000 number using booking products includes Webervations now, which might have innkeepers using it who are not on bandb dot com.

I'm still annoyed that I haven't received my mag yet, especially since I just renewed my membership. They were going to put a replacement in the mail yesterday.
I expect that 7000 number using booking products includes Webervations now, which might have innkeepers using it who are not on bandb dot com..
muirford said:
I expect that 7000 number using booking products includes Webervations now, which might have innkeepers using it who are not on bandb dot com.
Just a bit coincidental that the numbers are the same...but, I could be wrong, maybe they are also true.

I expect that 7000 number using booking products includes Webervations now, which might have innkeepers using it who are not on bandb dot com..
muirford said:
Just a bit coincidental that the numbers are the same...but, I could be wrong, maybe they are also true.
Bree said:
muirford said:
Oddly enough they are similar, and those numbers are accurate and slightly understated. There are roughly 7400 active members of BB.com (I think 7394 this week), and between 7000-12000 Webervations and Rezo users depending on how you count it. (Which is why we say 7,000, for instance, there are a lot of people who purchased Rezo at some point, and also use Webervations - we can't just add them up, and some people just buy rezo and we never hear from them again so we don't know if they truly are "active" or not.)

muirford said:
Bree said:
muirford said:
Oddly enough they are similar, and those numbers are accurate and slightly understated. There are roughly 7400 active members of BB.com (I think 7394 this week), and between 7000-12000 Webervations and Rezo users depending on how you count it. (Which is why we say 7,000, for instance, there are a lot of people who purchased Rezo at some point, and also use Webervations - we can't just add them up, and some people just buy rezo and we never hear from them again so we don't know if they truly are "active" or not.)
Sorry, then, that I brought that point up.

Waaah!
cry_smile.gif
I was disappointed that I was one of their other "select properties" that might receive the magazine! I was looking forward to seeing a sample to help me decide to join PAII again or not.

Waaah!
cry_smile.gif
I was disappointed that I was one of their other "select properties" that might receive the magazine! I was looking forward to seeing a sample to help me decide to join PAII again or not..
Call them - I'm sure they'll send you one.

muirford said:
They lost me as a member in Feb although I am not giving up Webervations.

If we have a record of your inn in our database, then you should have gotten the magazine - member or not - unless something got fowled up in shipping.
Sorry about not getting the issue, Jeanne.
Please drop an email to Laura Middleton at [email protected] to make sure you're in our database and on the mailing list for Innkeeping Quarterly. We'll happily send you one of the spring issues as well. Just let Laura know you'd like one.
Jay

If we have a record of your inn in our database, then you should have gotten the magazine - member or not - unless something got fowled up in shipping.
Sorry about not getting the issue, Jeanne.
Please drop an email to Laura Middleton at [email protected] to make sure you're in our database and on the mailing list for Innkeeping Quarterly. We'll happily send you one of the spring issues as well. Just let Laura know you'd like one.
Jay.
Thanks, Jay. I received an issue loooooooooooooooooong ago & was in the data base. I will email her.

Back