Pair fly to the wrong Sydney

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Pair fly to the wrong Sydney
I had guests this week who were not here, but somewhere else, and called irritated that no one answered the door at check in (although I was right here waiting for hours!). Y'all know the name of our B&B, that place is called An gle Din ing Room. It is next door in an old house/apartments they refurbished. We have a sign out front and a sign out back. This was a first, not knowing where you are staying. They said the gps told them to go there. They are not even listed in the white pages, the gps did no such thing.

PS When they called DH got the phone (we were eating dinner). He said to the man:
"Did the sign say A Din ing Room?"
YES! the man answered.
"Are you staying in a dining room?"

LOL. We had a couple call last night, (they were on the right road and were reading me the directions I send with the confirmation)...but for some reason they seemed frazzled. They had stopped at our grocery store (on the route but still 7 miles away) and must have been acting lost and caught the attention of someone that knows me...so she offered to let them follow her to here (way out of her way).
So they are following her, while on the phone with me, reading my directions and I am confirming what they are seeing.....she brings them directly here, and they still seemed frazzled.
The whole thing then turned pretty comical... they are both probably in their late 60's maybe early 70's. She speaks with a heavy Korean accent...and she says, "These roads so confusing, no street signs." (there are signs on every corner) As I am walking them to their cabin (40' from their car) She starts asking questions:
Her: How is there big fireplace in little cabin?" (It's 85degree out!!)
Me: There isn't, there are propane stove fireplaces, but they are off this time of year.
Her: Where is big fireplace?
Me: There are no fireplaces on this property.
Her: I saw it on website.
Me: Are you sure you were on our website, we have no photos of any fireplace on our site.
Her: How many cabins you have?
Me: Just the three we are standing in front of.
Her: Website made it look like a lot more cabins.
Me: Are you sure you were on our website? It only has the photos of the three cabins taken from right over there. (I show her the spot where I stood to take the photo)
Her: Big fireplace in that cabin? (points to our house)
Me: No mam, that's my house and there is no fireplace in there either.
We enter the cabin, the man seems happy enough and seems to be ignoring anything she is saying.
Her: This cabin a lot smaller than on website.
Me: (I am thinking, that one thing people always say if they have spent any time on the website is that the cabins look just like they do online...in 7 years no one has ever suggested otherwise.) Mam are you sure you were on OUR website?
Her: Does that TV work?
Me: Yes mam. (sarcastically thinking to myself...no I always go to the trouble of hanging a non-functioning tv to the wall)
Her: (repeats rant about no street signs...very confusing..smaller cabins, big fireplace, more cabins)
Him: (seems to be completely oblivious to anything she is saying)
She: (walks into attached bath) There only one towel! How we use only one towel?
Me: Mam that's the bath mat (draped over the shower door) the towels and washclothes are behind you.
Oyy this is going to be an interesting two days. I think what happened is that she found SOME place and then told him to make the reservation and he booked us instead / by accident. But for the life of me, I can't figure out which place she was looking at. There is one other place in the region with 4 cabins, but they have no fireplaces. There is a lodge with fireplaces, but no cabins. I think she must have been looking at some place in the adirondacks or in Virginia and not the Finger Lakes.
The whole thing would have been more disturbing, but somehow the broken english made it comical for me. I felt like I was in the middle of a Saturday Night Live skit.

Hey that bath mat is bigger than a hotel towel, and thicker too!
embaressed_smile.gif

LOL. We had a couple call last night, (they were on the right road and were reading me the directions I send with the confirmation)...but for some reason they seemed frazzled. They had stopped at our grocery store (on the route but still 7 miles away) and must have been acting lost and caught the attention of someone that knows me...so she offered to let them follow her to here (way out of her way).
So they are following her, while on the phone with me, reading my directions and I am confirming what they are seeing.....she brings them directly here, and they still seemed frazzled.
The whole thing then turned pretty comical... they are both probably in their late 60's maybe early 70's. She speaks with a heavy Korean accent...and she says, "These roads so confusing, no street signs." (there are signs on every corner) As I am walking them to their cabin (40' from their car) She starts asking questions:
Me: There isn't, there are propane stove fireplaces, but they are off this time of year.
Me: Are you sure you were on our website, we have no photos of any fireplace on our site.
Me: Are you sure you were on our website? It only has the photos of the three cabins taken from right over there. (I show her the spot where I stood to take the photo)
We enter the cabin, the man seems happy enough and seems to be ignoring anything she is saying.
Me: (I am thinking, that one thing people always say if they have spent any time on the website is that the cabins look just like they do online...in 7 years no one has ever suggested otherwise.) Mam are you sure you were on OUR website?
Me: Yes mam. (sarcastically thinking to myself...no I always go to the trouble of hanging a non-functioning tv to the wall)
Her: (repeats rant about no street signs...very confusing..smaller cabins, big fireplace, more cabins)
She: (walks into attached bath) There only one towel! How we use only one towel?
Me: Mam that's the bath mat (draped over the shower door) the towels and washclothes are behind you.
Oyy this is going to be an interesting two days. I think what happened is that she found SOME place and then told him to make the reservation and he booked us instead / by accident. But for the life of me, I can't figure out which place she was looking at. There is one other place in the region with 4 cabins, but they have no fireplaces. There is a lodge with fireplaces, but no cabins. I think she must have been looking at some place in the adirondacks or in Virginia and not the Finger Lakes.
The whole thing would have been more disturbing, but somehow the broken english made it comical for me. I felt like I was in the middle of a Saturday Night Live skit..
Mrs_Moses.jpg

The whole thing would have been more disturbing, but somehow the broken english made it comical for me. I felt like I was in the middle of a Saturday Night Live skit..
That's hysterical! As I was reading, I thought that at the end of the story she was going to ask for a discount. Phew! Glad that didn't happen. You'll have to let us know how the next couple of days go.

Poor Swirt! Makes you wonder why they are even visiting the area? You'll have to let us know.

Poor Swirt! Makes you wonder why they are even visiting the area? You'll have to let us know.
LOL and the kicker is, they only live an hour away, so it is not like they are completely out of their element.
I keep waiting for her to say "Chicken no make good housepet." Then I will know it is a Saturday Night Live skit I am trapped in.

LOL and the kicker is, they only live an hour away, so it is not like they are completely out of their element.
I keep waiting for her to say "Chicken no make good housepet." Then I will know it is a Saturday Night Live skit I am trapped in.
"No Coke, Pepsi!" "Cheeseburger, cheeseburger..." Ahhhhhhhh...I remember it well :)

UH OH...watch out..they may be knocking on your door for breakfast tomorrow morning too;-( Sorry lady no breakfast here. It was on the website.

UH OH...watch out..they may be knocking on your door for breakfast tomorrow morning too;-( Sorry lady no breakfast here. It was on the website.
Hee hee. It gets better. After they were checked in a while, I brought them out a map to help them find their restaurant.
She: (Holds up a bag of 2 ears of corn still in husks) Is there microwave in here to cook corn?
Me: No, just the fridge there in the corner. There are no cooking facilities in the cabins.
Her: You have microwave in there? (points to our house out the window)
Me: Yes we have a microwave in our house.
Her: I'll bring this by and you cook it later?
Me: Aren't you going out to dinner tonight? (it was 6:00 and I knew they had reservations at 6:30)
Her: Not cook it tonight. Tomorrow I bring it down.
rolleyes.gif

So I keep anticipating a knock at the door any minute today to cook her corn in the microwave....that reminds me...I have to go google "cooking corn in microwave" . I always steam ours...have never done it in the microwave.

Hee hee. It gets better. After they were checked in a while, I brought them out a map to help them find their restaurant.
She: (Holds up a bag of 2 ears of corn still in husks) Is there microwave in here to cook corn?
Me: No, just the fridge there in the corner. There are no cooking facilities in the cabins.
Me: Aren't you going out to dinner tonight? (it was 6:00 and I knew they had reservations at 6:30)
rolleyes.gif

So I keep anticipating a knock at the door any minute today to cook her corn in the microwave....that reminds me...I have to go google "cooking corn in microwave" . I always steam ours...have never done it in the microwave.
swirt said:
rolleyes.gif

toss them in husk and all for 3 minutes each. done.

rolleyes.gif

swirt said:
rolleyes.gif

Thanks.
regular_smile.gif

Mrs_Moses.jpg

Joe Bloggs said:
haha, that is a great story. Frustrating but funny.

rolleyes.gif

swirt said:
google "cooking corn in microwave" .
My friend taught me to snip off the top (where the hair is) and run water in it from the tap before sticking in the microwave. I just learned it this summer and I have to admit... it's a really fast way to have corn without waiting for the pot to boil, and less mess, too.
Three minutes should do it...
=)
Kk.

wow. sounds like they thought they booked at housekeeping cottages with little kitchenettes and fireplaces.
i had guests come to me who thought they were staying at a resort! there were a few small similarities and the beginning of the name was the same ... we were at the end of a peninsula, but oh my. not what they expected. the husband's secretary made the reservation for the couple. we made the best of it but .... yikers.

Back