PALL and other B&B Agencies.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would you all please teach me how PALL and other agencies would benefit the Inn? I have no experience with any of them mentioned here except reading reviews in TA and going to the PALL site of which I find a bit annoying and not easy to navigate.
The Inns I had the pleasure of running, all the marketing was done (in those days) by newspapers, radio, referrals, introduction letters to corporations and travel agencies. This was long before the mouse was invented.
If I am to make a successful run of this, my education must be ongoing.
Thanks
Mama Bea

PAII has conferences with a lot of educational opportunities. Especially since you're not familiar with internet marketing, it would be an excellent idea for you to attend one.

I would describe PAII as a trade organization with one annual meeting and several regional meetings that it co-sponsors each year. The CEO expends lots of effort to get B&B's on a more level playing field with sites like Trip Advisor, and has been trying to get more general awareness of B&B's as a place travelers might want to stay.
Their membership model has changed a bit in the past year. All membership levels now are able to access weekly webinars on Tuesday afternoons about topics like website search engine optimization, best use of social media, etc. They have recorded many of the seminars from previous meetings that are available for downloading or on CD's.
There is a one day meeting just prior to the yearly meeting that is aimed at aspiring innkeepers. At these large meetings you can also meet with vendors, which can also be helpful.
On the other hand, an aspiring course taught by your own state's B&B association might have the added benefit of specific regulations and laws you'll need to be aware of.

Wow! Thank you! I guess I better finish my business plan for a micro-loan to attend a few of these events which takes moolah
tounge_smile.gif
. Sounds very helpful.

Back