Parting gifts that make them kiss the cook!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
You will love this one y'all...I also have a couple other links for boxes I will post afterward.
One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
recipe and idea is found here

cupcake boxes etc here
and here
These are something you could feasibly freeze and give out that way in the box. Just some ideas for those clever innkeepers out there...

It is just amazing to me how cupcakes have become such a rage. THere are at least 3 shows on TV I have seen all dealing with cupcakes. Guess it is a way to cut back but yet still have our sweet treat.

Here is a cupcake shop with some other flavor ideas if you are interested. I have stopped in there and they are always closed when I am in town. They are all the rage!

If using a cupcake as a happy birthday or happy anniversary treat for the room in one of those cute boxes, would you expect 1 cupcake or 2?
I've been thinking for quite some time about doing cupcakes for special occasions in the room for arrival, but it would be tough keeping up with 2 all the time.

If using a cupcake as a happy birthday or happy anniversary treat for the room in one of those cute boxes, would you expect 1 cupcake or 2?
I've been thinking for quite some time about doing cupcakes for special occasions in the room for arrival, but it would be tough keeping up with 2 all the time..
That is why i just did the small 6 inch cakes/ round or heart shaped..depending on the occasion. I could keep them in the freezer easily. Though you could freeze cupcakes as well. You would probably do 2, one for each person if together as a couple.

I've been thinking for quite some time about doing cupcakes for special occasions in the room for arrival, but it would be tough keeping up with 2 all the time..
That is why i just did the small 6 inch cakes/ round or heart shaped..depending on the occasion. I could keep them in the freezer easily. Though you could freeze cupcakes as well. You would probably do 2, one for each person if together as a couple.
I was thinking of freezing them, then frosting them before arrival. But if I had to use 2 of those cupcake containers at approx $1.00, plus the cost of the baking supplies and my time and labor, it doesn't seem worth doing the cupcakes since in my busy season I'd be doing 8 a day on most days.
Your cake idea seems more practical. How did you present it? If I put it in their room, it could be sitting out for hours.

I was thinking of freezing them, then frosting them before arrival. But if I had to use 2 of those cupcake containers at approx $1.00, plus the cost of the baking supplies and my time and labor, it doesn't seem worth doing the cupcakes since in my busy season I'd be doing 8 a day on most days.
Your cake idea seems more practical. How did you present it? If I put it in their room, it could be sitting out for hours.
I frosted them prior to freezing. Let the cakes sit in the freeze till the frosting was solid, then double wrapped the cake.
I took it out of the freezer several hours prior to arrival. Put in on a glass cake stand with a glass cover. By the time they arrived..it was thawed.
Freezing for some reason just kept the moisture in the cake. Many folks would have it over the entire weekend. I sliced the layer in half. Filled with some sort of jam...usually seedless raspberry or strawberry...so I think that helped keep moisture in the cake.
Folks always raved about it and it was just a box cake mix and frosting.

I frosted them prior to freezing. Let the cakes sit in the freeze till the frosting was solid, then double wrapped the cake.
I took it out of the freezer several hours prior to arrival. Put in on a glass cake stand with a glass cover. By the time they arrived..it was thawed.
Freezing for some reason just kept the moisture in the cake. Many folks would have it over the entire weekend. I sliced the layer in half. Filled with some sort of jam...usually seedless raspberry or strawberry...so I think that helped keep moisture in the cake.
Yikes! I don't know where I could store 4 cake stands with domes! I'm going to have to think of a plan 'b'.

Yikes! I don't know where I could store 4 cake stands with domes! I'm going to have to think of a plan 'b'.
You might not need a bunch of cake stands at once. Look for glass domed cheese servers that could also work.

cupcake boxes etc here
and here
These are something you could feasibly freeze and give out that way in the box. Just some ideas for those clever innkeepers out there....
I LOVE those individual cupcake boxes! Frankly, if someone isn't paying for a birthday cake package, I think one cupcake is sufficient. The presentation on that is adorable and that will make the impact. You could freeze the cupcakes and keep store bought tub icing on hand that you could pipe on a cupcake.
I need to open a cupcake store here....... lol!

It is just amazing to me how cupcakes have become such a rage. THere are at least 3 shows on TV I have seen all dealing with cupcakes. Guess it is a way to cut back but yet still have our sweet treat..
The cupcake places in DC are all a hit. It's amazing to me!

You might not need a bunch of cake stands at once. Look for glass domed cheese servers that could also work.
I found that the cheese domes were not quite large enough for my little cakes. :-( Plus, you don't need 4..chances of needing all 4 at the same time would be slim. But if she did 2 cupcakes, the cheese domes would probably work well.

RIGHT ON! It is the presentation, not the cupcake itself, although the one on the website sure looks yummy.

I don't do parting gifts of cupcakes - but I get a lot of kudos for the remaining bread and the "care packages" of muffins I send my guests off with. No kisses, PLEASE!

Other designs replica handbags of a woman's replica handbags diamond watch may designer handbags include several designer handbags smaller diamonds kissing fake handbags the face fake handbags, usually taking the place of the louis vuitton numerals louis vuitton, encircling the watch. The louis vuitton handbags design of louis vuitton handbags the watch lv handbags depends on lv handbags the wearer - whether lv bags on sale they want lv bags on sale to be smothered with lv as much lv sparkle as replica louis vuitton bag they could replica louis vuitton bag, or opt for a subtler replica louis vuitton bags and more replica louis vuitton bags conservative piece of jewelry.Whether replica louis vuitton handbag a single replica louis vuitton handbag diamond adorns the watch or replica louis vuitton handbags several diamonds replica louis vuitton handbags are embedded, giving a diamond watch as a replica lv bag gift will replica lv bag surely elicit responses of surprise, awe and astonishment. Diamond watches are a replica lv bags perfect gift replica lv bags for women, as these clear cut diamonds symbolizes your purest and most undoubted replica lv handbag intentions for replica lv handbag her. Diamonds are rare stones and its beauty considered to never falter - continuously representing status, style and replica lv handbags sophistication suited replica lv handbags for the women. Surely enough, diamond watches will never go out of style, nor look out of place in a woman's wrist.

I found that the cheese domes were not quite large enough for my little cakes. :-( Plus, you don't need 4..chances of needing all 4 at the same time would be slim. But if she did 2 cupcakes, the cheese domes would probably work well.
catlady said:
Actually, at my place, chances of needing 4 are very high. We're a specal occasion place and very often I get all 4 rooms celebrating something. My guess is that about 80% of our guests are celebrating getting married, anniversary or birthday. That's why I need to find something special, but not labor intensive or really expensive. I started out making chocolate brownies baked in heart shaped small pans. They were such a pain to get out of the pans and it seemed I was always baking them, even though I froze them. The last year I've been giving Harry and David chocolate truffles with a personalized card, but they are expensive and not quite the personal touch I would like.
If I did two cupcakes per room, I'd be baking cupcakes all the time. I do like your idea of 1 small cake.

Back