Passion is overrated, BS Social Media Currency

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
This is someone I follow on Twitter. You know me and my dislike for Facebook. DH's brother is on their whinging about ending his life today. No, this is nothing new. Another friend of ours spouts sonnets of love for his wife as he pops anti-depressants and goes back to college for the umpteenth time. For all the people I don't want to ever hear from and those who ignore me in real life, FB is a monster. I have people I don't even know telling me what to do there, even today. I reposted that Agnes article and got a faceful of "don't let your guests read that!" Life is too short, let's all just do what WE do and stop telling everyone else what to do.
So this is Jay, his blog is called Anti-Social Media and I often get a chuckle from him as he speaks his mind. The link is at the end.
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]I guest posted! RT [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]@[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(157, 88, 46)]BadRhinoInc[/COLOR] Passion is overrated, BS Social Media Currency. http://t.co/cy8HPzp

You can always "hide" posts from certain people...it has worked for me. One of my neighbors is the probably most negative person on the planet (and no, I haven't met every person on the planet..lol)...I don't need that every day on my FB wall.

You can always "hide" posts from certain people...it has worked for me. One of my neighbors is the probably most negative person on the planet (and no, I haven't met every person on the planet..lol)...I don't need that every day on my FB wall..
YEah you can hide them ok, but I still have to wade through so much "crap" on Facebook.....but I don't think Twitter is much better. Though I can get rid of those I follow there as well I guess. BUt I don't check Twitter much so don't really care.

I think the key is to get a pretty large network and then you can scan for fun stuff versus negative stuff.

I deleted friends. I reviewed my friends list and asked these questions.
Are they family?
Do I talk to these people in real life?
Are they currently friends in real life?
Have I been really good friends with these people? e.g. childhood friends...
If they didn't get any yeses, they were deleted. I am down to 45 people on my friends list in Facebook, from nearly 100.

I think the key is to get a pretty large network and then you can scan for fun stuff versus negative stuff..
Yeah but who wants to waste the time even scanning through hundreds of postings daily???? Not me. I am deleting previous friends fast
embaressed_smile.gif

You can always "hide" posts from certain people...it has worked for me. One of my neighbors is the probably most negative person on the planet (and no, I haven't met every person on the planet..lol)...I don't need that every day on my FB wall..
YEah you can hide them ok, but I still have to wade through so much "crap" on Facebook.....but I don't think Twitter is much better. Though I can get rid of those I follow there as well I guess. BUt I don't check Twitter much so don't really care.
wade through so much "crap" on Facebook
Well, you just cut down on your birthday wishes for next year with that comment! ;)

I think the key is to get a pretty large network and then you can scan for fun stuff versus negative stuff..
Yeah but who wants to waste the time even scanning through hundreds of postings daily???? Not me. I am deleting previous friends fast
embaressed_smile.gif

I scan for stuff to post on the inn page. Then I add those as 'likes' on the inn page.
I keep up with my kids, nephews, nieces and brother.

embaressed_smile.gif

I also hide posts from some of the pages that I've "liked". Cuts down a lot on the junk...
Sometimes it's like junk mail...you just fly through it.
My son has 800+ friends on FB. I have about 100. I don't answer friend requests from people that I a) am just acquaintances with in the real world, b) don't want to know my bee's wax. Has kept my list smaller.
regular_smile.gif

Back