Passover

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
So, anyone have to deal with passover and breakfast? Other than matzo, have any good recipes? suggestions?

well here's one who kinda forgot I should have been eating matzos ... TG no guests asking about it but unless your home is "kosher for passover" they really can't be too worried, but a nice dish is to soak the matzos in egg, fry or bake like french toast and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
how many other Jewish innkeepers here?? not too many I imagine

well here's one who kinda forgot I should have been eating matzos ... TG no guests asking about it but unless your home is "kosher for passover" they really can't be too worried, but a nice dish is to soak the matzos in egg, fry or bake like french toast and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
how many other Jewish innkeepers here?? not too many I imagine.
We used to have one in Charleston, WV that was Kosher

how many other Jewish innkeepers here?? not too many I imagine.
Well, there are at least two of us. I like matzah brei. I also like to mix egg and farfel and fry it, but you have to add some dry farfel just before you do it, so you get a bit of crunchiness to it.

Unless you are kosher all the time, you're definitely not kosher for Passover, so I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone looking for a kosher Passover meal will not be expecting to find it somewhere that doesn't normally serve kosher foods.

Unless you are kosher all the time, you're definitely not kosher for Passover, so I wouldn't worry about it. Anyone looking for a kosher Passover meal will not be expecting to find it somewhere that doesn't normally serve kosher foods..
Maybe not, but many choose to eat matzah only on passover. I have had the requests. It's easy enough to do. It's harder to get rid of it after passover, though.

There are many different faiths, backgrounds and belief systems on the forum, for that reason the guidelines prohibit discussing "religion" here. I understand this pertains to food, but so do many of the religious celebrations. Just wanted to bring that up as there may be some very sensitivities and issues there. Anyone want to talk shop off forum - please do. Food we can deal with!

Back