Password Problem

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
OK, I admit to being a numbnutz. I am soooooo disappointed with the kid that did my computer work. He will not return my calls and I am totally frustrated.
I no longer have a password on my wifi and I do not know how to put it on. THAT is the most pressing. Could someone PLEASE give me a roadmap bullet list of where to go in the control panel and what to do to get my password on there?
He loaded an Office2013 but failed to give me the numbers - so I cannot register it. Went out today and bought the home/student version. will go back next month to get Publisher unless someone can tell me a more universally used program than Publisher (I have not found a lot of people with that one. I need to create flyers, brochures, labels, etc.) Office w/Publisher was $399 and home/student was$150. Publisher alone will only be $109 @ Staples.
Also the bluetooth he set up to control the speakers DH bought me for Christmas is not connecting so the speakers are useless. Grrrrrrr

Are you saying that the password you need to log onto the WiFi is what you don't know? You don't know it as in it's not written down or you can't log on to your WiFi at all? Or that he removed the password and now your WiFi is completely open?
Just trying to figure out what it is you need.

It is now completely open. I know the password i used - he did not put it back on.

I need to know the brand of router to be able to help. Drop me a note in email, so you don't give out everything online and I'll tell you how to set that up, assuming it's all set as default.

I need to know the brand of router to be able to help. Drop me a note in email, so you don't give out everything online and I'll tell you how to set that up, assuming it's all set as default..
E-mailed through your web site because I could not find your address in the in-the-process-of-rebuilding address book. Thank you.

Kathleen,
I have run into the same difficulty ... $$$
I purchased a new computer before my 2000 model went to sleep and cannot afford office at this point ... or even just word for goodness sake. the computer came with not much for software!
How about this?
Two FREE alternatives ... openoffice and libreoffice4 ... openoffice does not seem to have a compatible program for opening publisher files ... however, libreoffice4 does http://www.libreoffice.org/home/Discover
Why not check them out? I am still experimenting with both and will delete one at some point. Amazing amount of space on the new computer! I will probably keep libre
I love my computer but lots of my old random programs and files (really old ones) are lost to me at this point. ... they are sitting on the old hard drive.
Good luck!

Kathleen,
I have run into the same difficulty ... $$$
I purchased a new computer before my 2000 model went to sleep and cannot afford office at this point ... or even just word for goodness sake. the computer came with not much for software!
How about this?
Two FREE alternatives ... openoffice and libreoffice4 ... openoffice does not seem to have a compatible program for opening publisher files ... however, libreoffice4 does http://www.libreoffice.org/home/Discover
Why not check them out? I am still experimenting with both and will delete one at some point. Amazing amount of space on the new computer! I will probably keep libre
I love my computer but lots of my old random programs and files (really old ones) are lost to me at this point. ... they are sitting on the old hard drive.
Good luck!.
Thanks to the wonderful patience of Eric up in Montreal, I am now password protected on my wifi, have come into the world of chrome, and had to uninstall the Office the kid had downloaded. I am in the process of loading the Home/Student version as I type. It says I have a slow operating system but the DSL is supposed to be fast. I have no clue - it just does what it is going to do. I will probably do an online purchase of Publisher rather than go back to the box store because all my publisher stuff is now unreachable. Will wait until tomorrow to do that. I need to be able to get Excel going so I can get to my ledger (paid my sales tax and B & O tax already so it is not quite as urgent.
I had no choice (and thanks to 2 rooms of long-term guys) the money is available at this time. Have another computer guy coming tomorrow to tune up the stuff the kid left undone - like making my speakers work and being able to scan by pushing the button on the scanner..... This one is vouched for by someone I know (I took the kid on trust).
Thanks, SS. I would have headed for those you said if I had not gone to the store this morning.

Back