Passwords: enough already!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I'm getting so tired of institutions, that supposedly work for me, dictating to me that a) I must now change my password b) it cannot be a password I have ever used in the past c) it must be at least 8 characters long but not over 15 characters long, unless today is a Tuesday, d) it must contain at least one capital letter, at least one lower case letter, at least one number, and at least one special character such as an extended middle finger. Enough already!!!!
angry_smile.gif

And we have to have so many passwords - who can remember them all? And every time we turn around there are 5 more social media places we need to sign up for and they want to know everything except when you had your last BM and you must have a password. I am a boring person - no one needs to know how boring! Just list my business!!!

I use a password manager too. I don't mind having a lot of different passwords to keep up with. What I hate is being made to keep changing my password and all this other stuff imposed on me for my own good. At my office, Windows Server makes me change my password EVERY MONTH!!! Enough I say!

The worst for this for me is my card processing bank, they have all these complicated rules about capitals and numbers. Every time I log on (which admittedly is infrequent) they want it changed which means next time I log on I can't remember it so I have to get a link emailed to me to reset it.
They don't even follow their own rules, they have four categories and you have to use a character from lower case, upper case, numerics and special characters. You're supposed to use characters from 3 out of 4 groups but unless you use one from every one it wont reset.

Back