Patience is wearing thin but I didn’t say what I wanted to say, so, so far, so good

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget what a diverse Country we live in. Not everyone lives in population centers of density. Some of us are in small / low populated States. My beautiful West Virginia is mostly rural - largest City has about 55,000 population. I am between 2 of the 10 largest cities in the State and neither has 20,000.

Since March when they started the death count to start EVERY newscast - we have now had about 524 deaths, mostly in nursing homes which makes one wonder how they got it since the nursing homes were shut down (and I think they died of isolation as much as anything else because they could not see, feel, and touch those they loved and loved them).

Yes the numbers are up - they are testing like mad among other reasons to get the schools open so they can play football and other sports. And again, the sub-headline on the front page of my newspaper today is: Outbreaks reported in several nursing homes around the NCWC region (north central West Virginia) We are outdoors oriented and most of the young obits in our paper are drug related - yes, it is here also as we have several Interstates in WV so they come from Detroit, Pittsburgh, Columbus, and New York with the supplies. Drugs is a bigger problem in this Country than Covid.
We are rowing the same boat here in Western North Carolina. The statistics have been exaggerated, after all, hospitals get a LOT more money if they can say someone died of Covid. They are even bringing Covid patients over from the Mexican border to pump up the Covid numbers. Most Covid deaths are do to the contribution of existing conditions such as diabetes, smoking and lung issues, heart disease, etc. These issues contribute to thousands of deaths during a regular flu season every year...but those numbers are not broadcast in he media like this China virus.

We are rowing the same boat here in Western North Carolina. The statistics have been exaggerated, after all, hospitals get a LOT more money if they can say someone died of Covid. They are even bringing Covid patients over from the Mexican border to pump up the Covid numbers. Most Covid deaths are do to the contribution of existing conditions such as diabetes, smoking and lung issues, heart disease, etc. These issues contribute to thousands of deaths during a regular flu season every year...but those numbers are not broadcast in he media like this China virus.
true-or-fox-news-58b8f92b3df78c353c50b082.jpg

well, huband tested postive last Thursday for covid and I am presumptively positive. We are suspecting it was from a wedding party, but have no proof. The tracing process is very far behind so we have reached out to all guests from last week and this past week. We had guests staying with us, so we told them what was up.. we double hit the public spaces and stopped breakfast services. They completed their stay - Friday and Sat am. All future bookings were cancelled (emailed and called) for 2 weeks out. Husband has mild symptoms and I just have a scratchy throat. Stinks big time!
Wishing you both a speedy recovery!

Annie, I hope it’s gone soon and easily. Scary chit! I can’t see where you’re from. Our town has few to no cases, but we are, of course, letting traveling strangers in our house, so we are all at risk.

I do not depend on the fake news media for my news, including FOX. I do a little more digging to get to the truth rather than depend on talking heads with an agenda. It must be my science background.
* FYI, the 2017-2018 Flu Season: Public health officials estimate that 900,000 Americans were hospitalized and 80,000 died from the flu and its complications. Flu season is never good but some years are worse for various reasons.:(

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/worse-covid-19-flu-killed-80000-americans-last-year-145592

Last edited:
Roxanne, I can't even begin to tell you how angry your post makes me ... block me, please, because I am blocking posts from you. :mad:
Blocking me is your prerogative, of course. I do not block people I disagree with, that is censorship and what the mainstream media always do. I believe in free speech for all, not just for my point of view. I am sorry I triggered you. That was not my intention.

I do not depend on the fake news media for my news, including FOX. I do a little more digging to get to the truth rather than depend on talking heads with an agenda. It must be my science background.
* FYI, the 2017-2018 Flu Season: Public health officials estimate that 900,000 Americans were hospitalized and 80,000 died from the flu and its complications. Flu season is never good but some years are worse for various reasons.:(

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/worse-covid-19-flu-killed-80000-americans-last-year-145592

I have to admit I have doubts about the scientific background of someone who actively chooses to ignore the medical term for a disease in favor of a xenophobic and inflammatory nickname popularized by a certain well-proven liar in public office. And that’s without even touching the rest of your extremely harmful rhetoric. I’ll be blocking you as well.

It is NOT a China Virus, it is called Covid 19 or the Corona virus. False news from you.Hope your guests don’t bring it into your Inn.😡

230000 deaths is almost three times 80,000 deaths and this year ain’t over yet.

I have to admit I have doubts about the scientific background of someone who actively chooses to ignore the medical term for a disease in favor of a xenophobic and inflammatory nickname popularized by a certain well-proven liar in public office. And that’s without even touching the rest of your extremely harmful rhetoric. I’ll be blocking you as well.
I doubt your credibility with the inflammatory and hateful things you just wrote. Those are your opinions, definitely not facts. (The liars you refer to must be Hunter and Joe Biden) Politics aside, weren't other flu viruses named after their locations? Spanish Flu, Zika, Ebola, West Nile Virus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, etc.? Yes, they were. Does it make you feel better if I call it the "Wuhan Virus"???
And while we are on learning: BS Geology Major, (Environmental Studies Minor), University of Florida. How much science have you taken?
What is it with you city people? If someone doesn't agree with you and your agenda, they are cut off. Sad.

It is NOT a China Virus, it is called Covid 19 or the Corona virus. False news from you.Hope your guests don’t bring it into your Inn.😡
Weren't other flu viruses named after their locations? Spanish Flu, Zika, Ebola, West Nile Virus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, etc.? Yes, they were. Does it make you feel better if I call it the "Wuhan Virus"???
"History is not for you to like, it is for you to learn."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back