Patience, Please!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Happens constantly. Constantly.

I get a voicemail or text message: I need a room for tonight, 2 people, 1 night.

I reply that I do have a room available, give the rate, and tell them, if you want to book it, I'll need your email address to send a secure online payment link.

A few minutes later the email address arrives by text message.

LESS THAN TWO minutes later another text: I sent my email address but I have not received the payment link.

I reply: give me a few minutes to generate and send the link.

I send the link.

Two minutes later a text arrives: I made payment and got a confirmation number, but I have not received any email from you.

One minute after that, they send a screen capture of the payment confirmation, since I obviously don't believe they paid it [eye roll].

I reply: yes, I've received payment. Please give me a minute to set your door key code so I can send your arrival instructions.

They reply: Oh, OK. Thanks. Sorry to be a pest.

Well they ARE a pest! Goodness. Give me a few minutes to do these things. I'm not a computer...yet.

Don't you have the emails automated for this? You are using RK, no? For me, it's all templates...
I use the templates; however, I think Arks sets a unique code for each guest, going to have to set that code before sending an email. It would take me a couple of minutes just to walk to the room with the computer as I'm old and slow.

Don't you have the emails automated for this? You are using RK, no? For me, it's all templates...
This was a same day reservation. I don't allow same day booking through ResKey because I might not be available to handle it. I process same day requests manually, and if I'm not in the mood, I'm happy to say sorry, no availability.

Yes, I set a unique door key code for each guest so that part is always manual. I let them tell me the code they want, and if they don't, it's the last 4 digits of their phone number.

This was a same day reservation. I don't allow same day booking through ResKey because I might not be available to handle it. I process same day requests manually, and if I'm not in the mood, I'm happy to say sorry, no availability.

Yes, I set a unique door key code for each guest so that part is always manual. I let them tell me the code they want, and if they don't, it's the last 4 digits of their phone number.

We always use the last 4 digits, but Reskey can also generate a code. Why don't you tell them to book a future date and then just MOVE the reservation over and use the templates?

Back