Paula Deen is coming to Salem VA Oct 2

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Paula Deen is coming to Salem[/h1]
SALEM – Paula Deen, Queen of Southern Cuisine, will appear in Salem on Saturday, Oct. 2, at the Salem Civic Center with “Laughter, Stories & Southern Cooking.” Tickets to the 7:30 p.m. show go on sale Friday, Aug. 13, at 10 a.m. at the civic center box office and Ticketmaster Outlets. The Georgia resident has 13 books, publishes the magazine “Cooking with Paula” and stars in two TV shows, “Paul’s Home Cooking” and “Paula’s Party” on the Food Network.

I used to like her..but over the years....sorry to say..I couldn't stand to listen to her talk and laugh for an hour or more :-(

Cackle? Is that the word. She sure does attract and sell though.

Let me know when the Pioneer Woman comes through...I'll be there.

Would like to see Paula Deen.. but we're anticipating a full house that weekend. You area is attracting quite a few celebrities - Isn't Garrison Keillor going to be there soon?

Yes, I put some of these on the blog, they don't promote it then all of a sudden they are all over the place. This same weekend there are dueling events, and a state championship shooting event (we have one room here for that, she is female state champ). eWomen Conference and a few other biggies that draw thousands. I hope we get some!!

Would like to see Paula Deen.. but we're anticipating a full house that weekend. You area is attracting quite a few celebrities - Isn't Garrison Keillor going to be there soon?.
We had "A Prairie Home Companion" broadcast here from our performing arts center. Paula hasn't been here even though she lives about 4 hours away. ;-)
After having a variety of food in a metropolitan city over the last several days, I'm not sure that I'd be interested in more Southern cooking with all it's lard, butter, or fat in some form. It's pretty much all that you can get here. :-(

Would like to see Paula Deen.. but we're anticipating a full house that weekend. You area is attracting quite a few celebrities - Isn't Garrison Keillor going to be there soon?.
greyswan said:
Would like to see Paula Deen.. but we're anticipating a full house that weekend. You area is attracting quite a few celebrities - Isn't Garrison Keillor going to be there soon?
I think he's coming here (Charlottesville) soon, to be at the Pavilion on the downtown pedestrian mall.
RIki

Back