Pay Pal

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I just shopped online at wal mart. com (site to store to save shipping $) and low and behold they now accept PAYPAL! Must be more coming down the pike on that front...
Do you accept paypal? Why or why not?

Inquiring minds want to know. I've been thinking about adding that as an option. Right now I take MC, VISA, Discover and Debit cards.

I understand that you're not as protected when/if there is a chargeback. Yeah, I know...it's not like we have much protection now, but heck, some is better than none.

I already take VS/MC, why would I want to take Paypal? Another layer of fees...

There is very limitied protection from Paypal if you are not selling an actual product. Also their fees tend to be more than with a merchant account. The other downside is that you have no card info on file so there is no even threat of recourse in the event of damage or cancelation.
I use paypal for some other things, but I'd never use them for paying the bill on a stay. Maybe use it to let them pay for shipping something back if they left something behind.

I already take VS/MC, why would I want to take Paypal? Another layer of fees....
gillumhouse said:
Why would it be another layer fees? You have credit cards. They have fees. You have Paypal. It has its own fees. They're not one fee atop the other.
If the fees are comparable, then why wouldn't you want to take Paypal. It just provides another way for people to give YOU money.

Nope...we have plenty of options with all the major credit cards, except Diners Club..
Samster said:
Nope...we have plenty of options with all the major credit cards, except Diners Club.
Do you accept AMEX? Don't you have a problem with their fees?
Yes, I accept it. I have no problem with their fees because I have a lot of biz guests that use their corporate AMEX card. :)

I already take VS/MC, why would I want to take Paypal? Another layer of fees....
gillumhouse said:
Why would it be another layer fees? You have credit cards. They have fees. You have Paypal. It has its own fees. They're not one fee atop the other.
If the fees are comparable, then why wouldn't you want to take Paypal. It just provides another way for people to give YOU money.
Paypal uses credit cards, I take credit cards. To me it is just another layer of compliance to worry about and since I do not sell anything online I have no need for it.

Back