Paypal ...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baygirl

Reaction score
Hi...Happy New Year to all my fellow innmates! Getting ready to make some changes in the new year. One is thinking about accepting Paypal for payment. Does anyone do this and if so how is it working for you and how do you have it listed on your website for people to pay with it? I'm also getting ready to take Reservation Key up on their 30 day free trial. It's our down season so thought this would be a great way to see how their system works. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Read the rules on PayPal. It used to be that unless you sold a tangible item you (the seller) were not covered at all for buyer complaints. Although it seems that some cc issuers are just handing the money back anyway, no questions asked.

you will like rezkey.
I did the same thing you have set up and I really didnt like paypal.
Check with Sams club. We have used them for our credit card processing since Aug and LOVE it and its a GREAT price!

Check out Quickbooks and their on line payment system. All done on line and no equipment needed.

Check out Quickbooks and their on line payment system. All done on line and no equipment needed..
catlady said:
Check out Quickbooks and their on line payment system. All done on line and no equipment needed.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that Sams club is also done on line and no equipment needed. I pay a very low monthly fee ($9.99) and the cc fees are the lowest I know of.

Check out Quickbooks and their on line payment system. All done on line and no equipment needed..
catlady said:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that Sams club is also done on line and no equipment needed. I pay a very low monthly fee ($9.99) and the cc fees are the lowest I know of.
This question will go back to a thread on PCI compliance from a couple of days ago. What are you required to do to ensure your computer doesn't get hacked while it is transferring that data from the cc? If there is no equipment, you're doing the transaction through your computer, correct?
What is involved with making sure the data is safe? I'd like to switch to a cheaper processor, but the PCI stuff has me stymied.

catlady said:
This question will go back to a thread on PCI compliance from a couple of days ago. What are you required to do to ensure your computer doesn't get hacked while it is transferring that data from the cc? If there is no equipment, you're doing the transaction through your computer, correct?
What is involved with making sure the data is safe? I'd like to switch to a cheaper processor, but the PCI stuff has me stymied.
Alibi Ike said:
every question I had to go through was about using my pc for transactions, it scared me. networks, security, passwords, etc. As much as I want to change and improve I feel stuck.

catlady said:
Alibi Ike said:
every question I had to go through was about using my pc for transactions, it scared me. networks, security, passwords, etc. As much as I want to change and improve I feel stuck.
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
That's why I wanted someone who is already set up to explain how it works! How can any of us change when the setup nowadays is so involved! Maybe the Quickbooks or Sam's Club helps with all of that?

It is one of the reasons I do like Boo king.com and Late Roo ms cos they deal with that and send the card details directly by secure Fax so I don't have to worry about all that security.

JB, have you checked out the one that works with Rez Key? I've looked at their site, but it's confusing.

catlady said:
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Alibi Ike said:
That's why I wanted someone who is already set up to explain how it works! How can any of us change when the setup nowadays is so involved! Maybe the Quickbooks or Sam's Club helps with all of that?
[/quote]
Yes, Sams club does help with that. If you talk to them they will explain it all to you. I can't explain it... sorry.... I just know it works.

Back