PBS Web Site Seeks True Stories of Frustrations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've come to the right place! Every one of us has a different story and different reasons why/how we got into this industry.
Our member "Samster" is someone you might also be interested in communicating with if she's interested.. She has a very interesting & relevant history with getting in/out of being an innkeeper..
BD, don't think I fit the profile either of someone who quit their job to pursue the innkeeping dream and then decided it wasn't for me.
wink_smile.gif

But thanks for thinking that my story might be relevant! hahaha...
I guess I was looking more at the angle of the reality of the lifestyle was difficult and getting out.
cry_smile.gif

Actually, the reality of the lifestyle/business requirements didn't fit my dh's preconceived notion, despite doing all the research. At least I didn't use my cast iron frying pan on him!
regular_smile.gif

Samster said:
Actually, the reality of the lifestyle/business requirements didn't fit my dh's preconceived notion, despite doing all the research. At least I didn't use my cast iron frying pan on him!
regular_smile.gif
We were out shopping yesterday and I got into a conversation with a lady who "had a house" and she was thinking about opening a bed and breakfast. She had all the romantic notions that some have about running a B&B with none of the reality checks in place.
She hadn't a clue about running a business. Her husband was not supportive plus he was a homophobe and a bigot. She was in her 70's and planned on doing all the cleaning and cooking and yard care herself. After a short discussion, she decided maybe she should just rent the house.
Yes dear, maybe that would be best. Bless her heart.
thumbs_up.gif
Good for you! You really need the actual support also, not just talk, when you own a business unless the biz is small enough for one person to handle on their own.

Back