Peace of Mind

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Most of us have trouble being "in the moment." Today offers some help on how to find refuge in the now :: http://cot.ag/8WX7FK
I wonder if we need an Innkeeper Sanity folder...
confused_smile.gif

Thank you, awesome article and great reminder. It's difficult, I think, especially for innkeepers because we are always trying to anticipate what a guest might need (or what they might break, or how they might screw something up on their reservation)...now is a nice place to find refuge. This is what Eckart Tolle's "Power of Now" is all about, he offers some good exercises for staying in the present moment.

Thank you, awesome article and great reminder. It's difficult, I think, especially for innkeepers because we are always trying to anticipate what a guest might need (or what they might break, or how they might screw something up on their reservation)...now is a nice place to find refuge. This is what Eckart Tolle's "Power of Now" is all about, he offers some good exercises for staying in the present moment..
I need to get the book back out and reread it. I have it on my IPOD too...I was really into him when he was on Oprah and then...sort of...forgot it. Staying in the moment is really hard.
embaressed_smile.gif
THough I do try to practice some type mindful meditation during every day....or before going to sleep. It has been nice to sit on the patio under a tree and just breathe.

What about 10 - 10 - 10
The date this week brought to mind the lack of pause and quiet meditation. For ten nights spend ten quiet minutes in prayer or meditation before you go to bed. Instead of falling asleep to the news or something negatory. Just a suggestion. I was going to do this and you just reminded me I DIDN'T! I might put a note next to the bed.

What about 10 - 10 - 10
The date this week brought to mind the lack of pause and quiet meditation. For ten nights spend ten quiet minutes in prayer or meditation before you go to bed. Instead of falling asleep to the news or something negatory. Just a suggestion. I was going to do this and you just reminded me I DIDN'T! I might put a note next to the bed..
I can' seem to do it before sleep as it always has the opposite effect and my mind starts racing and then I can't fall asleep. I try to work in 10 minutes in the morning, after exercising and showering. Doesn't always happen though!

What about 10 - 10 - 10
The date this week brought to mind the lack of pause and quiet meditation. For ten nights spend ten quiet minutes in prayer or meditation before you go to bed. Instead of falling asleep to the news or something negatory. Just a suggestion. I was going to do this and you just reminded me I DIDN'T! I might put a note next to the bed..
Yes, I stopped watching the news before bed. Don't listen to radio before falling asleep. If anything, i have mediation music playing on my ipod and then I usually go off to sleep.

Back