Peach Pancakes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyswan

Reaction score
Have any of you used thawed frozen peaches in pancakes with success?

I have not tried, but seems to me to make a peachy syrup would be ideal. To just pour over them before serving.
I used to make this often with peaches and use english muffins slightly toasted as french toast. The toasting helped keep them firm for the soft peaches.

I haven't but I would make a compote or topping like JBJ suggests. Fresh peaches, in season, are something that we feature here...obviously :)

Willowpondgj said:
I think fresh would work better in a pancake...seems like the frozen would make the pancake soggy...try it out, it could work.
I make a fresh topping similar to an apple pie filling that I put on our waffles, just slice them up, put in a pan with sugar, a little cornstarch and a couple TBSP fruit juice...heat until thickened. You could try with the frozen, see if it works...
Our apricot trees are in bloom and so are the neighborhood cherries, peaches are coming on...can't wait!
I agree, don't thaw them first try them frozen so they stay together longer. I would think peachea and cream. Make the pancakes and do the compote and pop a dollop or fresh cream on top. mmmm For those who cook with likker - grand marnier added to the peaches.

I think fresh would work better in a pancake...seems like the frozen would make the pancake soggy...try it out, it could work.
I make a fresh topping similar to an apple pie filling that I put on our waffles, just slice them up, put in a pan with sugar, a little cornstarch and a couple TBSP fruit juice...heat until thickened. You could try with the frozen, see if it works...
Our apricot trees are in bloom and so are the neighborhood cherries, peaches are coming on...can't wait!
Edited to say, maybe if you slice the peaches in chunks, and lightly dust in flour, they'll do better. Maybe if they are still a little frozen too...

Edited to say, maybe if you slice the peaches in chunks, and lightly dust in flour, they'll do better. Maybe if they are still a little frozen too....
Yes, frozen...just like using frozen blueberries
tounge_smile.gif
Yum! I'm getting hungry!!

Edited to say, maybe if you slice the peaches in chunks, and lightly dust in flour, they'll do better. Maybe if they are still a little frozen too....
tounge_smile.gif
Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
I made bb pancakes today and pulled a blueberry out of the freezer the size of a plum! I have never seen one so big in my life! I put it on the guests starter course which was fresh pineapple and a wedge slice of ruby red grapefruit, so I popped it on the center of the grapefruit like you do with a grape half. It was giant!!!

tounge_smile.gif
Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
I made bb pancakes today and pulled a blueberry out of the freezer the size of a plum! I have never seen one so big in my life! I put it on the guests starter course which was fresh pineapple and a wedge slice of ruby red grapefruit, so I popped it on the center of the grapefruit like you do with a grape half. It was giant!!!
That is a good reminder - I never think to use a wedge or wedges of grapefruit on the starter fruit plate. Thank YOU!
OK...now I have to go eat lunch...

We've used drained, canned, light peaches. Drain well, chop into chunks, and stir into the batter

tounge_smile.gif
Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
I sprinkled blueberries on the fruit compote the last 2 days and the lady asked me how I got such good blueberries out of season.
I told her I buy them IN season and just dump them in freezer bags immediately and wash them as I use them. We get a lot of NJ blueberries here and many of them are nice and BIG.

tounge_smile.gif
Samster said:
tounge_smile.gif
I sprinkled blueberries on the fruit compote the last 2 days and the lady asked me how I got such good blueberries out of season.
I told her I buy them IN season and just dump them in freezer bags immediately and wash them as I use them. We get a lot of NJ blueberries here and many of them are nice and BIG.
gillumhouse said:
Well these are not from NJ sad to say they said CHILE on the package, I looked to see as I was astonished. They were mostly larger bb's, but this one - "Grandfather" I called him.

hmmm... I wonder if reconstituted/softened dried peaches could be used chopped finely in the batter and then make a peachy syrup topping. Time to experiment! Anyone else use dried fruits?

I would use the frozen peaches as a topping. Thaw, bring to boil, sweeten to taste and thicken with cornstarch. Use as a pancake topping.
Edited to add that if you have dried peaches, put in water, boil to reconstitue then make topping for pancakes or other items. Can also make a crisp with them.

hmmm... I wonder if reconstituted/softened dried peaches could be used chopped finely in the batter and then make a peachy syrup topping. Time to experiment! Anyone else use dried fruits?.
greyswan said:
hmmm... I wonder if reconstituted/softened dried peaches could be used chopped finely in the batter and then make a peachy syrup topping. Time to experiment! Anyone else use dried fruits?
Let me run right over and I'll try all your experiments!
tounge_smile.gif

hmmm... I wonder if reconstituted/softened dried peaches could be used chopped finely in the batter and then make a peachy syrup topping. Time to experiment! Anyone else use dried fruits?.
I use dried apricots and prunes. I have an awesome coffee cake recipe that has chopped apricots, chopped prunes (not reconstituted), and chopped nuts in the center. I have also used dates or prunes or apricots in place of raisins - just to be different.

well, DH bought 2 fresh peaches and popped them in the microwave for a minute to get the natural sugars awakened.... they did taste better... he chopped those and put in the batter. I made a topping with frozen peaches. I served our guest yesterday morning and she was so please that we fixed her requested item (she had seen it listed on our website) thanks for all of your ideas!

Back