Peaches... help!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
Okay, I have a recipe that calls for 5 lbs of peaches. The problem is that is 5 lbs with skin, pits, etc. And I have frozen peaches... so how many lbs of peaches are left after cleaning. So how much frozen peaches do I need to be the equivalent to whole peaches? Help!
(I'm trying a recipe for Peach and Tea Jam)

I would think enough to just do the recipe. Pits & skins do not weigh that much.

Jam is pretty forgiving. If you have 6 lbs of frozen peaches you'll probably be just fine. Does the recipe say 5 lbs of whole peaches or 5 lbs of peaches, pitted and skinned?

Jam is pretty forgiving. If you have 6 lbs of frozen peaches you'll probably be just fine. Does the recipe say 5 lbs of whole peaches or 5 lbs of peaches, pitted and skinned?.
Madeleine said:
Jam is pretty forgiving. If you have 6 lbs of frozen peaches you'll probably be just fine. Does the recipe say 5 lbs of whole peaches or 5 lbs of peaches, pitted and skinned?
The recipe says 5 lbs of whole peaches and then it gives you the instruction to pit and skin them.
I have 1 kg of peaches and 5 lbs is 2.27 kg, so I will do half a recipe and see how that comes out. But I can't do anything in the kitchen at the moment as I started making macaron and they just take over the whole kitchen and the dining room. I'm on batch 2 and I still have more merigue, so I see a third batch in my future. They take so long, having to dry first.

Back