Peaches!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
Yay, I just finished putting up a bushel of peaches! and I got them for only $17!!! they have been selling for $60 a bushel here. But my friend is a farmer and she knows another farmer who grows them and so they got some for me!!!! yay! peaches all winter :)

oh, wow!
are we talking peaches in glass jars all sealed up?
when i was little, a peach tree grew outside my window. how i loved it!

When I did mine, I spiced some of the jars. I put in cinnamon and ginger so that when I make cobbler or bread pudding with them, they are already spiced...
I love canning. I can get creative with it! And boy does it feel good to eat MY veggies and fruits in December or January!

Ooh, I never thought about putting it over cottage cheese. That sounds wonderful...well, I just figured out my breakfast!! :)

yes, and i have 7 trays in the dehydrator. I love dried peaches for snacks! And... I'm getting creative with making my own teas, I'm going to try putting some dried peaches in one of my spice teas. Bet it will be good. can't wait.

yes, and i have 7 trays in the dehydrator. I love dried peaches for snacks! And... I'm getting creative with making my own teas, I'm going to try putting some dried peaches in one of my spice teas. Bet it will be good. can't wait..
You must have a basement or someplace to store all that. We don't have room to store that much here that would be protected from heat.
sad_smile.gif

yes, and i have 7 trays in the dehydrator. I love dried peaches for snacks! And... I'm getting creative with making my own teas, I'm going to try putting some dried peaches in one of my spice teas. Bet it will be good. can't wait..
high street victorian said:
yes, and i have 7 trays in the dehydrator. I love dried peaches for snacks! And... I'm getting creative with making my own teas, I'm going to try putting some dried peaches in one of my spice teas. Bet it will be good. can't wait.
You are putting us all to shame now! STOP IT!
I have a white tea with peach in it, I just love it. Do you have a place to buy loose leaf bulk? Here is an online resource that has high quality products.
Did you ever go to the kitchen gadgets store in Gig Harbor? Next door to the firestone place (Now a fred meyer food store across from it) they had some super loose leaf teas you could smell and sample and blend.

I have a white tea with peach in it, I just love it. Do you have a place to buy loose leaf bulk? Here is an online resource that has high quality products.
Did you ever go to the kitchen gadgets store in Gig Harbor? Next door to the firestone place (Now a fred meyer food store across from it) they had some super loose leaf teas you could smell and sample and blend.
thanks for that link. here is a good place to purchase tea stuff. http://www.adagio.com/ i don't know how to do the 'link' like you did above. sorry.
yes, I loved that store in Gig Harbor!!!! My all time favorite... MARKET SPICE! when i get to missin it to much, my mother in law will send me some. She can get it locally cheaper than i can order it on line.

thanks for that link. here is a good place to purchase tea stuff. http://www.adagio.com/ i don't know how to do the 'link' like you did above. sorry.
yes, I loved that store in Gig Harbor!!!! My all time favorite... MARKET SPICE! when i get to missin it to much, my mother in law will send me some. She can get it locally cheaper than i can order it on line.
YOU LUCKY DOGS! YOU LIVE NEAR GIG HARBOR!!!!!!?????Waaaahhhh!!!!
My dad's family is all from Fox island, my cousin is the historian for the Fox Island Museum. My Grandma grew up on McNeil Island, her dad was a ferry boat captain and ran supplies and prisoners up and down the Sound. I miss the island!
A totally unexpected find in Gig Harbor--I was gonna mention the po' boy restaurant there, for an "I'm dying" comment.......best bbq loosemeat sammy's we've ever had! There used to be a restaurant there called the Huckleberry inn and they had the most wonderful giant prawns!
You lucky dogs, blackberries all summer! Homemade cobbler from a wood stove, that's what summer is about on Fox Island! Waaahhh!
cry_smile.gif

Oh yeah, AND you have the Scandinavian store too!!!!

My dad's family is all from Fox island, my cousin is the historian for the Fox Island Museum. My Grandma grew up on McNeil Island, her dad was a ferry boat captain and ran supplies and prisoners up and down the Sound. I miss the island!
A totally unexpected find in Gig Harbor--I was gonna mention the po' boy restaurant there, for an "I'm dying" comment.......best bbq loosemeat sammy's we've ever had! There used to be a restaurant there called the Huckleberry inn and they had the most wonderful giant prawns!
You lucky dogs, blackberries all summer! Homemade cobbler from a wood stove, that's what summer is about on Fox Island! Waaahhh!
cry_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
cry_smile.gif

No we don't live there now, I am in VA and High Street is in Missouri.
teeth_smile.gif

I lived in Gig Harbor and in fact was just talking to Gig Harbor on the phone! Guess what, it's raining. ha ha
We built a house in Pt Orchard off Mullenix Rd and nearly bought land on FOX ISLAND. Used to take our boat off Fox Island there is a good dive spot there.
BTW IT IS RAINING TODAY and TOMORROW AND THE NEXT DAY. The NEW hospital is nearly complete in GGHBR, they have a COSTCO THERE NOW as well of course Target, Home Depot etc.
Huckleberry Inn has been many new restaurants (if it is the one I am thinking of) for many years. Changed hands many times.
We have guest after guest who have lived in the Puget Sound. In fact there is a vendor for an I.T. company in a nearby city here who dh deal with who lived 1 mile from us for many years and now we meet over here on the east coast.
Email me off the forum if you want. High St Victorian lived in Bremerton. Small world is an understatement.
PS there is worse than rain, it is 108 degrees in MODESTO CA today.
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

cry_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
cry_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

I lived in Gig Harbor and in fact was just talking to Gig Harbor on the phone! Guess what, it's raining. ha ha
We built a house in Pt Orchard off Mullenix Rd and nearly bought land on FOX ISLAND. Used to take our boat off Fox Island there is a good dive spot there.
BTW IT IS RAINING TODAY and TOMORROW AND THE NEXT DAY. The NEW hospital is nearly complete in GGHBR, they have a COSTCO THERE NOW as well of course Target, Home Depot etc.
Huckleberry Inn has been many new restaurants (if it is the one I am thinking of) for many years. Changed hands many times.
We have guest after guest who have lived in the Puget Sound. In fact there is a vendor for an I.T. company in a nearby city here who dh deal with who lived 1 mile from us for many years and now we meet over here on the east coast.
Email me off the forum if you want. High St Victorian lived in Bremerton. Small world is an understatement.

After living in the PNW there is just something about the rain... I love it when it rains here. better than the humidity we get.
I really miss the PNW. The blackberries... they are fantastic there. so BIG and juicy... can't be beat. I sure to hope to get back there for a visit this winter.
feel free to eamil me off forum too if you'd like.

cry_smile.gif

Speaking of the Scandinavian store.... oohhhh.....Levenworth (WA folks;) ) My favorite place to visit! we used to drive through the mountians twice a year to stay there. Every summer we'd camp near ice cicle creek and every winter we'd stay in a B&B... thats where I developed my love for B&B's.

cry_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
cry_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

After living in the PNW there is just something about the rain... I love it when it rains here. better than the humidity we get.
I really miss the PNW. The blackberries... they are fantastic there. so BIG and juicy... can't be beat. I sure to hope to get back there for a visit this winter.
Are we talking about the same blackberries that send 50 foot vines along your lawn and tear your legs up when they trip you? The same that you fight to not take over your entire property?

cry_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
cry_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

Are we talking about the same blackberries that send 50 foot vines along your lawn and tear your legs up when they trip you? The same that you fight to not take over your entire property?
ok, your right they do all that UNLESS... you train them to climb over trellis and keep them trimmed... gosh I hated those thorns!
Yes, those blackberries. made the best blackberry pies, and crisp and cobbler and sauce, muffins, icecream.. and well is there anything they didn't go with??
Comm'on JBJ don't you miss them a little bit? :)

cry_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
cry_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

ok, your right they do all that UNLESS... you train them to climb over trellis and keep them trimmed... gosh I hated those thorns!
Yes, those blackberries. made the best blackberry pies, and crisp and cobbler and sauce, muffins, icecream.. and well is there anything they didn't go with??
Still have scars on my legs to remind me. We had our patches elsewhere, since they grew everywhere, but on our land we eradicated them wherever they were. You lived in the city right? Not on the land like we did and battled them bad-boys those and my all time favorite - Scotch Broom. It kills me to see people actually buy it here and PLANT. That noxious horrible plant!

Ahh the memories of when I used to grow all kinds of stuff and can it! Back when I had a house and land, I always had a garden and spent countless hours canning all kinds of things. Then, I got into brewing beer and my kettle went from that canning kettle to a 15 gallon pot I made from a steel keg and fired it with a propane burner outside. Just for fun one day, I threw three bottles of my beer into a contest in Atlanta. It won first place.
When I sold the house and moved onto a boat, all my canning and brewing stuff had to go, but I did find lots of goodies in the basement walls when I moved. I used to hide stuff from myself. Some beers are better after they sit for a year, so I had to hide them to get them to age that long.
I don't see much canning going on around here or even hear of it. In fact, I've never seen a farm or anywhere where folks grow stuff, except condos. They grow LOTS of high-rise condos here. As I look out at the Miami skyline, I can count 36 cranes, and those are just the ones I can see along the shoreline.

cry_smile.gif

Willowpondgj said:
cry_smile.gif

teeth_smile.gif

Still have scars on my legs to remind me. We had our patches elsewhere, since they grew everywhere, but on our land we eradicated them wherever they were. You lived in the city right? Not on the land like we did and battled them bad-boys those and my all time favorite - Scotch Broom. It kills me to see people actually buy it here and PLANT. That noxious horrible plant!
we were one of the few that lived on a little patch of heaven... 5 acres and backed up to a beautiful thick wooded ravine. So pretty. I sure do miss it.
Oh, I hated the Scotch broom! my allergies went haywire from that stuff!

Ahh the memories of when I used to grow all kinds of stuff and can it! Back when I had a house and land, I always had a garden and spent countless hours canning all kinds of things. Then, I got into brewing beer and my kettle went from that canning kettle to a 15 gallon pot I made from a steel keg and fired it with a propane burner outside. Just for fun one day, I threw three bottles of my beer into a contest in Atlanta. It won first place.
When I sold the house and moved onto a boat, all my canning and brewing stuff had to go, but I did find lots of goodies in the basement walls when I moved. I used to hide stuff from myself. Some beers are better after they sit for a year, so I had to hide them to get them to age that long.
I don't see much canning going on around here or even hear of it. In fact, I've never seen a farm or anywhere where folks grow stuff, except condos. They grow LOTS of high-rise condos here. As I look out at the Miami skyline, I can count 36 cranes, and those are just the ones I can see along the shoreline..
ohhh thats so sad....

I don't see much canning going on around here or even hear of it. In fact, I've never seen a farm or anywhere where folks grow stuff, except condos. They grow LOTS of high-rise condos here. As I look out at the Miami skyline, I can count 36 cranes, and those are just the ones I can see along the shoreline..
This years canning crop: Peach jam, mulberry jam, apricot jam, apricot peach jam, red wild plum jam, green wild plum jam & wild plum chablis jam....YUM!!!

Back