Pecan pie served warm or cold?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
For y'all who make pecan pie - is it served hot or cold?

The only time I was served it hot (warm) was when it had chocolate in it.

ugh. dump it in the trash
thumbs_down.gif

The only time I was served it hot (warm) was when it had chocolate in it..
This recipe has choco chips. So maybe warm then?
Once it has set eat it! If you don't need it until the next day it is equally good cold with a big dollop of home-made whipped cream. Personally, I have never warmed a pecan pie...but what do I know...I'm a New Englander! Some of our Southern friends are the experts in anything pecan.

Once it has set eat it! If you don't need it until the next day it is equally good cold with a big dollop of home-made whipped cream. Personally, I have never warmed a pecan pie...but what do I know...I'm a New Englander! Some of our Southern friends are the experts in anything pecan.
I've never had it. Well one taste. Too sweet for me. This is a mini tartlet recipe I thought might work for breakfast.

For those who dislike - GOOD, more for me
wink_smile.gif

There is no certain way it should be served but it would need to be firm before it can be served. We usually eat it room temperature or with a hint of warmth if being served with ice cream.

I've never had it. Well one taste. Too sweet for me. This is a mini tartlet recipe I thought might work for breakfast.
Hmmm, might be too dessert-like for some guests to enjoy it for breakfast unless you make it heavy on the pastry and pecans, and light on the corn syrup custard. But the small tartlet size is a great idea!

Hmmm, might be too dessert-like for some guests to enjoy it for breakfast unless you make it heavy on the pastry and pecans, and light on the corn syrup custard. But the small tartlet size is a great idea!
It's kind of a joke here that we start with dessert.

wink_smile.gif

There is no certain way it should be served but it would need to be firm before it can be served. We usually eat it room temperature or with a hint of warmth if being served with ice cream..
Copperhead said:
wink_smile.gif
Listen, Copperhead can have my slice of pecan pie at the Innspiring Brunch. You are all witnesses!

As the saying goes, eat dessert first because life is uncertain!

Tell hubby to make a butter tart instead :) Easier and no nut allergies to contend with.

Tell hubby to make a butter tart instead :) Easier and no nut allergies to contend with.
Generic said:
I do the sweets. I'm looking for some new starters for our holiday crowd.

Generic said:
Morticia said:
Generic said:
I've always seen it served room temp. I also think it's too sweet. We like to serve apple pie. On Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie. Or, I like the easy pumpkin muffins with spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin. I also like cranberry bread this time of year.

I just looked up butter tarts. Looks easy!

I have to ask you this question, you won't like it.
Why are you serving something you have not tried?
If you are going to serve it to guests you need to taste test it. Cold or hot, however you plan to do it.

If you are going to serve it to guests you need to taste test it. Cold or hot, however you plan to do it..
Temp Innsanity said:
If you are going to serve it to guests you need to taste test it. Cold or hot, however you plan to do it.
I never taste test. Just tried something new this weekend. If it works out ok, if it doesn't we don't serve it again.
The reason I don't taste test is because I have an undeveloped palate. I don't eat a lot of what we serve that guests keep asking for.
I think it thru, tho. Does that go together? Mostly colors. Do those colors go together? Like mango and blueberry. I wouldn't want it but the colors go well together and it apparently does taste good.

I just looked up butter tarts. Looks easy!
They are a specialty around here. Cuts out the pecans altogether and something from Gomez's background.
If you want something that's very seasonal... try this recipe http://allrecipes.com/recipe/23822/pumpkin-gingerbread/ you can put it into muffin tins or mini loaves. But my experience, make them in paper loaf pans, if you can find them. We buy them at the dollar store around here. 2/3rd full.... so it makes 2 loaves. You can actually freeze it right in the paper loaf pan, just put it into a ziplock. And bake it from frozen if need be (add about an extra 15 minutes or so.
We can't keep this around. If you use a regular loaf pan, you can actually slice and make French Toast out of this. How good is this? We had a neighbour that when I told him that I made some, would come across the street to get a slice.... hobbling on his bad leg.

Back