People (rolling eyes) 🙄

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisandShelley

Reaction score
I normally don't complain about guests on a forum but I'm not worried about these people knowing how to operate a computer, much less knowing how to get on a forum.

One guy came down and told me he mixed a drink with Apple slices. He tried to flush the core and stray pieces, but it clogged up the toilet. You didn't see that coming?

I walked in the dining room and found a lady holding a coffee pot. She said,"I've made a mess. I couldn't find where you pour the water in to make coffee, so I just poured it on top thinking it would go in there."

It's a commercial coffee pot with a water line.

How do these people survive day to day?

In many ways, running a B&B is like being in charge of adult day care. Coffee makers of all kinds are always problematic for guests from spills to simply putting a pod in a Keurig.. I have Hamilton Beach coffee maker that requires one to push the cup up in the front to dispense like a water dispenser on the fridge but I’m amazed at how many engineers and people you’d think could figure things out just stand in front of the coffee maker with cup in hand, befuddled. It’s one of my secret intelligence tests here at the B&B.

Coffee machines that guests are allowed to use are a bad idea. Anyone who needs coffee is in a mental state that is not functioning because it is caffeine deficient. Not even step-by-step directions work.

Our best story about the coffee machine (Keurig) was the one where we had 5 financial wizards (I’m talking about the guys who run the huge European banks) looking at the machine, and the instructions, and not having a clue. These guys had never made their own coffee nor ever seen a cup of coffee being made. It was an interesting experience for all of us.

Coffee machines that guests are allowed to use are a bad idea. Anyone who needs coffee is in a mental state that is not functioning because it is caffeine deficient. Not even step-by-step directions work.

...we had 5 financial wizards (I’m talking about the guys who run the huge European banks) looking at the machine, and the instructions, and not having a clue. These guys had never made their own coffee nor ever seen a cup of coffee being made...
You Tube: Teenagers Trying To Dial a Rotary Phone

Last edited:
Ha, Arks,, I've seen that.

Morticia,, I agree. The coffee machine is not for guests to use. She just took it upon herself to try and make coffee.
We do have a few guests that are frequent flyers who can make coffee. They are early risers and have a decent head on their shoulders.

Back