People who havn't got a clue what they've booked.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
Had two in two days so am on a rampage! first case booked on Friday for Saturday with a special reuirement of first floor or lower as wife has a mobility requirement (left it a bit late!) plus booked a twin as that was all we had left which was luckily on the first floor. They arrived and Laima my chamber maid was in 12 one of our ground floor rooms finishing a service and the daughter of this couple is nearly in the door is this their room? No took them up to 9 "oh don't you have a double for them?" I said sorry no they had booked a twin. Also no ground floor as room 12 booked two weeks ago and arrived thursday so was already in and room other ground floor arrived friday before you booked and for 2 nights. If you book that late you are within our cancellation policy so even if I only had top floor you couldn't have got your money back.
Then room 8 never turned up on saturday so was cross about that as I could have sold it easily. Assumed they wern't comming as were comming from South africa for a particular conference. Turned up today oh were the dates wrong? booked by their university (does no one check anything?) this drives me mad! we had gone to bed and had not waited up at all for them thank goodness. They had paid in full in advance so at least that was something!
Does no one read confirmations? or have a clue what they are doing? or make their own reservations? Cos would you trust the secretary to do it for you and get it right? They are lucky as they need 5 nights they would have been stuffed if we were ful thursday!

Hey, not only do they not know WHAT they booked, around here they often don't know WHERE they booked!

Oh Ive had that this week as well chap rings on tuesday Im booked in with you on thursday 3 days - Me Nope! Tried to help him find where he was meant to be as they will charge him but he knew he had had an email confirmation and it was a ground floor with a wet room which narrowed it down. Turned out he had booked somewhere else while meaning to book with me by accident came to us for three nights in the end. Really nice chap but daft as a brush! had 3 emails round our network for guests that didn't know where they had booked this week alone!

pita.gif

Back