Permanent Resindents, I mean Guests Residing over 30 consecutive days..... needs feed backs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanju68

Reaction score
Permanent Resindents, I mean Guests Residing over 30 consecutive days..... needs feed backs

I have been managing a Residential Hotel in california. I surely do understand about the permanent residents, state laws. But as of now some guests have taken advantage of this law and have been hurting hotel management some losses.

Sounds like you now have a "tenant". More than likely, you'll have to go through eviction proceedings. Being that you're in California, get ready for a nightmare. Hope they don't know how to work the system. Good luck!

sorry to hear that-i would think that there would be a limit on how many days you can stay at a hotel or motel so it does not become a tenant-landlord issue-if you do have to go through evictions i would definantely charge it all to the "tenants" and hope that there is a disclaimer on your website or in writing when they pay.
I can tell its gonna be a Pain in the tuckass...

I currently have 2 MONTHLY guests (well one stays 4 nights a week but pays monthly) and I love them, I do the rooms once a week (except trash and anything specifically "needing" cleaning, they are both very clean and considerate and NO BREAKFASTS!! Of course a lot less $$ than if I was selling the room on a nightly basis but right now I am not, and I have 2 other rooms, and it's gtd income, after all I have to keep the heat running and it's nice to have the company.

we had two electricians who stayed with us 3 months exceptionally well behaved and didn't have breakfast very rarely saw them but nice chaps. People who travel regularly tend to know the drill and be better behaved.

yay I just got another monthly so for the first time in FOREVER with the 3 monthly for at least another 1-2 months, plus my 2nd job I can BREATHE .... for the moment ...

Back