Personal goals?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
So, what's one personal goal you have for yourself this year? Not a business goal. Something you are doing for your own benefit/sanity/edification. Yours. Not your family/friends'/church's benefit. (They may ultimately benefit from it, but it's a selfish goal first.)

I was just thinking about this earlier...New Year's Resolutions and all that.
I don't "do" New Year's resolutions, but this upcoming year, I am determined to take better care of "me". Dr appts when I know I should. Get my bangs trimmed every 5 weeks and my eyebrows done (that costs me $15 total and I put it off for no good reason). Be honest with me. Drink more water. Make fewer excuses as to why I don't count and someone else does.
I am going to treat me the way I treat others. With care, respect, love, and loyalty. If I don't who will??

I am saying "screw it" to the revenue line and going to Germany for the month of June! I am going to relax, enjoy, and see as much of each place I go as possible. I am not looking for the tourist stuff. I want scenery, architecture, see the shops, experience the FOOD.... I want to have more of an understanding (as much as one can is a day or two) and feel of the places than if I had gone to the top of the Eiffel Tower, etc

I am saying "screw it" to the revenue line and going to Germany for the month of June! I am going to relax, enjoy, and see as much of each place I go as possible. I am not looking for the tourist stuff. I want scenery, architecture, see the shops, experience the FOOD.... I want to have more of an understanding (as much as one can is a day or two) and feel of the places than if I had gone to the top of the Eiffel Tower, etc.
One of my favorite free things to do in a foreign country is to explore their supermarket. It's fascinating and will tell you a lot about the people. I go up and down every aisle looking at all the different products. Be sure to sample a few!

I am going to go to a Virginia State Park's Womens Wellness Weekend in April. (That means leaving DH and DD's to do breakfast and tend to guests all weekend on their own).
If any other ladies are interested, let me know. It is a weekend of OUTDOORS RECREATION AND FUN for women only, of all ages and skill levels - ie try canoeing for the first time, wildlife, etc.
If interested feel free to stay here before and after (leave your vehicle here) and drive over with me. It is not close this year (unfortunately, it is in SW SW VA) but not a bad drive!
http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/wwwellness.shtml

I am saying "screw it" to the revenue line and going to Germany for the month of June! I am going to relax, enjoy, and see as much of each place I go as possible. I am not looking for the tourist stuff. I want scenery, architecture, see the shops, experience the FOOD.... I want to have more of an understanding (as much as one can is a day or two) and feel of the places than if I had gone to the top of the Eiffel Tower, etc.
One of my favorite free things to do in a foreign country is to explore their supermarket. It's fascinating and will tell you a lot about the people. I go up and down every aisle looking at all the different products. Be sure to sample a few!
I am hoping to find market day somewhere during my stay.

So, offering a little vote of confidence for you here- from what I have seen, you do wonderful work. (Even if you deny it!)
Here's what I have found in the same vein- if you downplay what you do, deny you did it, let other people take credit for your hard work you are selling yourself and your amazing talents short (that's a sin) and many, many people will not see it as a lack of confidence but misplaced snobbery. Yes, really, snobbery. And someone is liable to steal your great idea in the bargain! And no one, not a single person, values something that the owner/creator downplays.
I no longer tell guests the sorry story of how we ended up where we are- I now tell the story from a positive spin- we wanted to be here, we chose to be here. I no longer give away the secrets to the shortcuts. It's all a hard day's work! Unless I want the guests to try something at home, then I'll tell them the shortcut!

So, offering a little vote of confidence for you here- from what I have seen, you do wonderful work. (Even if you deny it!)
Here's what I have found in the same vein- if you downplay what you do, deny you did it, let other people take credit for your hard work you are selling yourself and your amazing talents short (that's a sin) and many, many people will not see it as a lack of confidence but misplaced snobbery. Yes, really, snobbery. And someone is liable to steal your great idea in the bargain! And no one, not a single person, values something that the owner/creator downplays.
I no longer tell guests the sorry story of how we ended up where we are- I now tell the story from a positive spin- we wanted to be here, we chose to be here. I no longer give away the secrets to the shortcuts. It's all a hard day's work! Unless I want the guests to try something at home, then I'll tell them the shortcut!
I no longer tell guests the sorry story of how we ended up where we are- I now tell the story from a positive spin- we wanted to be here, we chose to be here.
People here could not believe we moved here ON PURPOSE!

I no longer tell guests the sorry story of how we ended up where we are- I now tell the story from a positive spin- we wanted to be here, we chose to be here.
gillumhouse said:
I more meant 'doing this' than 'in this location'.

gillumhouse said:
I more meant 'doing this' than 'in this location'.
As far as opening the B & B is concerned they just thought (to quote from my City Manager) that I was deranged.

I am going to go to a Virginia State Park's Womens Wellness Weekend in April. (That means leaving DH and DD's to do breakfast and tend to guests all weekend on their own).
If any other ladies are interested, let me know. It is a weekend of OUTDOORS RECREATION AND FUN for women only, of all ages and skill levels - ie try canoeing for the first time, wildlife, etc.
If interested feel free to stay here before and after (leave your vehicle here) and drive over with me. It is not close this year (unfortunately, it is in SW SW VA) but not a bad drive!
http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/wwwellness.shtml.
hmmm....it's 7 hrs from here to that location. Sounds interesting....
Fits in good with this year's major personal goal to get active outdoors again! I have canoed and all of that in the past...
Last year's primary personal goal after we closed was to spend more time with family & friends and that goal was achieved and is ongoing! :)

Back