Pet Friendly or Not

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Recalling the Inn who had guests show up with a dog(s) that they thought was fine to keep in their vehicle overnight, I stumbled across this from NC State Parks. Which are NOT pet friendly, in the least.
Are pets allowed in the park?
"Pets are permitted so long as they are on a leash no longer than 6 feet and under the constant control of the owner. Overnight, pets must be confined to the owner's tent or vehicle during quiet hours. Pets are strictly prohibited from entering any building, with the exception of service animals and authorized search and rescue dogs. Owners may be asked to remove dangerous or noisy pets from the park."
You by now KNOW HOW HOT IT IS IN NC, esp right now, 100+temps for the last month.

Too hot for the pets to be either in the car OR in the tent! Best in this weather for pets to be in a nice A/C'd kennel!

Too hot for the pets to be either in the car OR in the tent! Best in this weather for pets to be in a nice A/C'd kennel!.
It is too hot now for ANYONE breathing to be doing anything other than sucking up to A/C. Still over 200,000 in WV without power over a week after the storm. Temps have been on or about 100 every day.

Too hot for the pets to be either in the car OR in the tent! Best in this weather for pets to be in a nice A/C'd kennel!.
It is too hot now for ANYONE breathing to be doing anything other than sucking up to A/C. Still over 200,000 in WV without power over a week after the storm. Temps have been on or about 100 every day.
gillumhouse said:
I feel really sorry for those people without power. We were off for 2 weeks TWICE in the last 15 years, in the winter. So we could build a fire and keep pretty comfortable. I can't imagine being without power in this 100+ degree weather. That would be much harder on me than no power in the winter!

gillumhouse said:
Just yesterday, the electric co my hubby works for got the biggest chunck of people back online. Essentially, they had to rebuild the power grid in this area. And yes, 100+* temps all week. Still quite a few out, but the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel just became a reality. ;)

gillumhouse said:
I feel really sorry for those people without power. We were off for 2 weeks TWICE in the last 15 years, in the winter. So we could build a fire and keep pretty comfortable. I can't imagine being without power in this 100+ degree weather. That would be much harder on me than no power in the winter!
Around here, being without power in the winter is a disaster of epic proportions. Even if you heat with gas or oil, you need electric to circulate the heat and to turn on the burner. Which is why we have a car battery starter that we leave juiced up. Not only can we use it to start the car or guest cars (more often) but if the electricity goes out, we can plug the heating system into it and keep the heat running. We actually asked them to make the connection a plug instead of direct so that we could manually switch if we needed to. And I've often considered buying a backup generator in case of emergency. Thinking about it, maybe I should buy a large UPS for the heating system instead of the car starter. Long term plans...

gillumhouse said:
Around here, being without power in the winter is a disaster of epic proportions. Even if you heat with gas or oil, you need electric to circulate the heat and to turn on the burner. Which is why we have a car battery starter that we leave juiced up. Not only can we use it to start the car or guest cars (more often) but if the electricity goes out, we can plug the heating system into it and keep the heat running. We actually asked them to make the connection a plug instead of direct so that we could manually switch if we needed to. And I've often considered buying a backup generator in case of emergency. Thinking about it, maybe I should buy a large UPS for the heating system instead of the car starter. Long term plans...
For winter outages we have a "radiator" in the foyer (it was left behind becaue it was too heavy to move). It used to have water in it but we have been told the water evaporated long ago. It is a direct line - turn on the gas and light it. It still works. We know because it has been cold enough a few times to need it. We only use it in emergency though because it has NO safety features. It is betterthan freezing. If it ever comes to it being the only heat source, we will close all doors and put a blanket at the stairs to close off the upstairs so we can live in the foyer.
My daughter gave me a UPS for my computer. It gives me time to do a shut down.

gillumhouse said:
We have a couple of gas fireplaces that can take the edge off, but the pipes will freeze if the water isn't running thru them. Pipes freezing. Lovely thought on this hot day. Altho, it's only 72 here right now.

Back