Pet Policy

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I can't believe it, but I just realized I don't have a pet policy posted on my FAQ page (I don't allow pets). I know I used to have one, because I sort of remember the language I used, but it's not there since I built my new website.

I was wondering if some of you would post your no pets policy. I don't want to get into the subject of service animals, but would like more explanation than just "no pets allowed". Something about cleaning expenses, allergens, stuff like that.

Can’t be as simple as, “we cannot accommodate pets. We reserve the right to apply additional cleaning fees in the case of unauthorized pets on our premises.”

Last edited:
Sorry, we are unable to accommodate pets of any kind.

No reason why, just you can’t. As soon as you start explaining why not, you get a million reasons why your policy is wrong.

You don’t have to mention service animals, their people know they are not pets.

Ours reads: we regret that we cannot accommodate your pet or emotional support animal
We added the part about ESAs because many people who say they have an ESA think they have the same rights as service dogs...

In my case, it says no animals except for animals trained by a registered training organization (CAGADS.)

Back