Phone Calls

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another caller asked if we have a room on saturday next week.
She asked what size the rooms are?
I was taken aback for a moment, Size?
Then she said, There are only two of us, so we don't need a large room. HUH?.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Another caller asked if we have a room on saturday next week.
She asked what size the rooms are?
I was taken aback for a moment, Size?
Then she said, There are only two of us, so we don't need a large room. HUH?
I think guests associate large rooms with large prices. This is also why I never mention the second bed unless the guest wants a second bed. They all think the other bed will cost them more than a room with just one bed.

We are having a big music festival in our area this weekend. My phone is ringing off the hook. Kids looking for a place to crash. I'm getting questions like how many people can I get in a room, do I have anything in the $40 -$80 dollar range and can I just crash on your couch for $20?
Uh....no ....sorry Dude. *rolls eyes in exasperation*.
The Farmers Daughter said:
We are having a big music festival in our area this weekend. My phone is ringing off the hook. Kids looking for a place to crash. I'm getting questions like how many people can I get in a room, do I have anything in the $40 -$80 dollar range and can I just crash on your couch for $20?
Uh....no ....sorry Dude. *rolls eyes in exasperation*
I got an interesting call awhile ago asking about discounts for Columbus Day weekend. When I explained we don't discount on holidays the caller asked what holiday it was? OK, this was a caller from the US, who went on to explain a few things to me that led me to believe he was born here QUITE a long time ago. He said they don't celebrate that holiday in his state. Interesting.
Are there states that don't celebrate Columbus Day at all? No gov't holiday? No bank holiday?
We don't really celebrate Columbus Day here! Odd, I know....

ugh ... small rooms ...
small rooms should have small stuff ... i am quite content with a small room, but not with BIG furniture.
i stayed in a little hotel with a queen size bed. fine. lovely. a great big bed for just me. it never occurred to me to note the room size. there was barely enough room on either side of the bed to open the door into the room or to open the door into the bathroom. there was a massive bureau beside the bed that blocked the window!.
In NYC you can have small rooms for BIG prices. I have learned to ask. One time we were there seeing some shows and you could barely walk around one side and the foot of the bed. Even though we weren't there much, it was not comfortable at all. No room for 2 small rolling carry on bags.

Back