!@#&%$* phone company

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
We have our inn phone blocked for long distance calls. We have a phone in the dining room for guests to use for local calls or calling card calls. I was returning a call today to a guest and picked up the inn phone and dialed long distance and the call went thru with no request for the access code. TERRIFIC. We have no idea how long the phone has been wide open but it does explain several long distance calls we did not recognize.

Bree, we use Verizon and have a free long distance plan on our phone so guests can call anywhere in the U.S. and Canada without being charged. Check out their business rate.

Bree, we use Verizon and have a free long distance plan on our phone so guests can call anywhere in the U.S. and Canada without being charged. Check out their business rate..
Country Girl said:
Bree, we use Verizon and have a free long distance plan on our phone so guests can call anywhere in the U.S. and Canada without being charged. Check out their business rate.
Verizon sold the whole NorthEast (north of MA) down the river to a company that is going bankrupt. We do have the unlimited long distance on our personal phone. But I do not want guests sitting down and getting comfy for a long chat on the biz line. It's really for them to make reservations or check flight info.
For the time being I can move the phone to another jack so it will be on my personal phone line.

What fun. We complained that the calls were going thru without needing a code and now we can't dial long distance at all. Which means I also can't even call in state long distance.

Back