Phone Scam - Beware!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
WARNING!!!! My former employer issued credit card went to an outsourced Cardmember Services several years ago. I JUST had a call with a recorded message stating it was Cardmember Services and because of the way I have handled my account I MAY qualify for a lowered interest rate. This is a limited time offer so this will be considered my final niotice. To have my accouct reviewed to see if I qualify for an interest rate as low as 6% press 9 now.
I do not press 9 for anyone. There are scams that make that transfer to horrendously high phone charges.
I DID call customer service at Cardmember Services and was told they do not have a 6% rate. I invested in a *69 on this call and the number I was told was 407-000-9876 and a reverse lookup tells me it is not a valid number - thank you Verizon for charging me 75 cents to tell me a number called that is not valid (not the first time either) - but 407 is Florida.
I am giving total info to you so you will know what to look for and can avoid it. NEVER EVER press 9!

We got a letter yesterday about our credit line has been lowered. Alot they know...we haven't used the card in a year. I told them then to close the account over a year ago guess they didn't listen. We just cut it up.

We got a letter yesterday about our credit line has been lowered. Alot they know...we haven't used the card in a year. I told them then to close the account over a year ago guess they didn't listen. We just cut it up..
That's why it was lowered. If you were using the card and had a balance, they'd raise your limit!!

We got a letter yesterday about our credit line has been lowered. Alot they know...we haven't used the card in a year. I told them then to close the account over a year ago guess they didn't listen. We just cut it up..
catlady said:
We got a letter yesterday about our credit line has been lowered. Alot they know...we haven't used the card in a year. I told them then to close the account over a year ago guess they didn't listen. We just cut it up.
I mentioned this on another thread... we had one that we had a $0 balance for over a year...they tried to impose a $25 yearly fee to keep the card...I called and said no way cancel my card. Second bill with the fee PLUS late fee, called again.. finally after the 3rd bill, and 3rd call they got it and I demanded a notice be sent to the credit bureaus as well...Grrrr.

Back