Photographer offers divorce albums

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
[tr]Photographer offers divorce albums[/td][/tr][/table]Divorcing couples in Italy are flocking to a photographer who's offering to shoot a wedding-style album of their split.
Gianni Fasolini, from Valeggio sul Mincio, had the brainwave after reading that the divorce rate was going through the roof.
"People celebrate a marriage as a milestone in their lives, but a divorce is an important event too," he explained.
The 45-year-old added: "I have been doing photos of weddings and marriage ceremonies for years, day in and day out, and people told me they like having a photo marking important events in their lives.
"Then I got to thinking that maybe there would be some demand for people marking their divorces and so I started to offer photo sessions for freshly divorced couples - them smiling or shaking hands or in some cases even kissing.
"I advertised the offer and as soon as people found out about it they were queuing up at my shop for sessions."
source

whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif
amazing ....
i wonder if they pose back to back or making obscene gestures at each other ... crying photos ... hugs and kisses goodbye ... as long as they don't drag the children into the whole 'memory divorce shoot' .... the mind boggles
wait - oh wait - i've got this great idea
to host
wedding DEceptions ... after they sign the divorce, everyone comes and parties at the Deception.

That was why I posted it, I think BOTH sides of the family might give a big party in some cases. ha ha They can have a pie throwing contest at the in laws!

That was why I posted it, I think BOTH sides of the family might give a big party in some cases. ha ha They can have a pie throwing contest at the in laws!.
We weren't even living in the same state at the time. Someone else went to court for me and I got my paperwork in the mail. I know it sounds like a novel idea, to take the photos, etc, but you still have to see the other person regularly if there are kids, so I think it's tacky to make a 'photo op' out of the day. Kind of like hiring a photographer to come to a wake or a funeral to take pix of everyone. I can see having one 'last' photo of the deceased, but an album of everyone crying (or not)? Nope.

That was why I posted it, I think BOTH sides of the family might give a big party in some cases. ha ha They can have a pie throwing contest at the in laws!.
We weren't even living in the same state at the time. Someone else went to court for me and I got my paperwork in the mail. I know it sounds like a novel idea, to take the photos, etc, but you still have to see the other person regularly if there are kids, so I think it's tacky to make a 'photo op' out of the day. Kind of like hiring a photographer to come to a wake or a funeral to take pix of everyone. I can see having one 'last' photo of the deceased, but an album of everyone crying (or not)? Nope.
The strangest request my late friend who was a videographer had was to video a funeral. The deceased was young and his family wanted the funeral video for his young kids. We both thought it was weird, but as she said, it was a job.
I cannot believe there are that many divorces that are amicable enough for photos. There are too many that end with the idiot killing his ex. The only times my parents saw each other was once at the funeral home when my aunt died and Daddy provided the plot for Mom's sister (no blood flowed - we were holding our breaths but they both showed class - BIG thing for Daddy) and once when Mom was visiting my brother in Florida, Daddy dropped in by chance. No photos please.
Edited to add the last time I saw my ex was about 6 months before the divorce and never since. HIS family celebrated (I was not fundamenlist enough)! Mine did not give a whoop.

One of my sil's took all these photos at my Mother's wake. It totally depressed me...totally. I did not need more reminders that she was not there with us.

One of my sil's took all these photos at my Mother's wake. It totally depressed me...totally. I did not need more reminders that she was not there with us.
Samster said:
My brother in law died from a motorcycle accident at age 26 in Australia. DH went. He took photos to bring back home of people/friends/family I had not seen in 10 years. I thoroughly appreciated that adn those who agreed to let him take the photos. They all knew it was for me who could not be there. He didn't take any INSIDE the mortuary. He took them elsewhere.

Samster said:
My brother in law died from a motorcycle accident at age 26 in Australia. DH went. He took photos to bring back home of people/friends/family I had not seen in 10 years. I thoroughly appreciated that adn those who agreed to let him take the photos. They all knew it was for me who could not be there. He didn't take any INSIDE the mortuary. He took them elsewhere.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
There are so many variable here. I can see everyone's point! In my thought process I'm picturing the photog snapping pix of all these mourners, with the deceased in the background. Just picture a wedding and you get what I mean. Now, taking pix of family who say it's ok and you're not in the funeral home, why not? But in Samster's case where it's obvious this is a funeral? No, that's just not right. However, you've then got K's situation where the family WANTED to preserve this memory for the kids, well, they all decided it was the right thing to do.
I still think the divorce pix are tacky. I mean, for some people this is the end of the world. And if one spouse is delighted and the other is about to jump off a cliff, how do you justify taking pix at the courthouse?

Samster said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
There are so many variable here. I can see everyone's point! In my thought process I'm picturing the photog snapping pix of all these mourners, with the deceased in the background. Just picture a wedding and you get what I mean. Now, taking pix of family who say it's ok and you're not in the funeral home, why not? But in Samster's case where it's obvious this is a funeral? No, that's just not right. However, you've then got K's situation where the family WANTED to preserve this memory for the kids, well, they all decided it was the right thing to do.
I still think the divorce pix are tacky. I mean, for some people this is the end of the world. And if one spouse is delighted and the other is about to jump off a cliff, how do you justify taking pix at the courthouse?
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
Oh come on! There has to be a B&B package in there somewhere.
wow.gif
UGH!

Samster said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
My first thought was of something I read last night.
I am reading a new Dick Francis and one lawyer to another discussing motives for suicides and is told about an ex who committed suicide in front of the church where the ex-husband was in the process of getting remarried. "did it upset everyone and ruin the wedding?" "I don't think the groom was upset, it saved him a lot of alimony."

Samster said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
Oh come on! There has to be a B&B package in there somewhere.
wow.gif
UGH!
If I lived in a town with any kind of nightlife or had any kind of lounge area here, darn tootin' there's a pkg in there! But, you know how that would go...7 straight women would show up and not a single single guy.

Back