Photos of innkeeper pets?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh ... ok.
I know - it sucks. I thought about getting permission to maybe do a blog on it, but then it is out there where nutcases can find it. I like Punjab and would not want to take the chance. It is rural....

Actually, in booking the B&B for our honeymoon, my husband choose the one with the dog as I had commented on seeing it on the website. Being animals lovers and owning several dogs, I think he was worried I would go into DT's if I did not get a canine fix while away from home.
IMHO- you can't hide them in real life, no sense trying to hide them on the web.

She's in the minority. A very small minority. The majority want to see and pet the house pets. Or they don't care. We keep Sasha in the owner's quarters but have him on our website for two reasons. We used to have a cat and some people are so allergic they can't stay anywhere an animal has ever been. We want them to know that animals have at one time or another trotted through the house, although not allowed in the bedrooms.
But we have found evidence on occasion that a cat lover had let the cat in the room overnight.
We have since lost him to old age, but they say dander can stay forever.
We have not lost a booking due to the dog exposure, but we have had to bring him out after breakfast many many times for doggie owners to get a "fix" from being away from their own pets.
RIki

She's in the minority. A very small minority. The majority want to see and pet the house pets. Or they don't care. We keep Sasha in the owner's quarters but have him on our website for two reasons. We used to have a cat and some people are so allergic they can't stay anywhere an animal has ever been. We want them to know that animals have at one time or another trotted through the house, although not allowed in the bedrooms.
But we have found evidence on occasion that a cat lover had let the cat in the room overnight.
We have not lost a booking due to the dog exposure, but we have had to bring him out after breakfast many many times for doggie owners to get a "fix" from being away from their own pets.
RIki.
egoodell said:
2 years. That's what my allergist told me everytime I went to the office and said I still had the dog. 'It will take 2 years after the dog is gone to get rid of all the dander. The sooner you start, the better.'
I had to get a new allergist.

RIki.
egoodell said:
2 years. That's what my allergist told me everytime I went to the office and said I still had the dog. 'It will take 2 years after the dog is gone to get rid of all the dander. The sooner you start, the better.'
I had to get a new allergist.
thumbs_up.gif

Oh, good grief. So many people have pets but there are some people who are allergic or just don't like pet animals. We need to make sure that our guests are aware that we have pets on the premises and let the guests decide.
We had 2 senior dogs and kept them in our private quarters except when they went outside and we had more guests than not ask to meet our dogs because they saw them on the website. We have an outside cat and sometimes we get someone who doesn't like cats at all. Fortunately, I think the cat can sense this and she seems to get lost when those guests are around. LOL! Just had one this weekend.
Sometimes I think we make too much of these things.......

I don't think your friend really knows what she is saying.
You must let your guests know if animals are present in case of severe allergies. It is only fair to people who look at your site to book a room that they know up front there are dogs or cats on premises or if permitted in some guest rooms. If not, they show up and then you really have a problem.

I will admit to being a bit of a rebel. Okay there, I admitted it.
After having guests who adored one of our pets this past weekend and the topic coming up here I felt I would go ahead and blog about our two family pets. I am finding the blog such a great place for "extra" information. I can then post a link about the pets on the website if I want to.

I did not read every post in this thread, I will admit but we have all our pets - 2 dogs and 2 cats - right up front on our website. We have people who come just to see them! Pet people miss their pets when they are on vacatation and they love our pets. We have a hard time keeping them out of their rooms and in ours!

I have Gino on my website for a reason. I don't want people coming here who don't want to be around a cat. Period!!! End of story!

Back